Chapter 39: Interrogating Salazar, Battling the Verdugo

(I'm actually thinking of uploading TWO chapters today. I still want to get this segment along with the current segment of my Devil May Cry book finished before September 13th because I might be too busy to do regular uploads. Also, this chapter and the next one will be the final chapters for the 'Castle' portion of this segment before we move onto the 'Military Island' portion of the story.)

Timeskip (This chapter takes place shortly before Leon's battle with Salazar)...

Y/N POV

Me and Ada both traversed through Salazar's castle, blasting our way through hordes of Zealots and those Novistadors. Though by this point, our time was running short so we just shot our way through them without hesitation. As we progressed closer to our objective Ada eventually asked "So, what makes you think this Salazar will actually tell you where Saddler or the sample are?"

I responded "Trust me, behind all that arrogance, he's just a snivelling little coward, all he needs is a little push as well as a demonstration that we're beyond anything he can throw at us and just like that, he'll be spilling everything to us. Saddler, the Sample, you name it."

Ada smiled at my comment saying "You've really thought all this out." I nodded and said "Indeed, it's always best to know what you may be up against. That way you will be three steps ahead of the opposition as opposed to just two." Ada just let out a faint "Hmm." before saying "Fair enough."

The two of us made our way even further into the castle until eventually, we arrived at two separate paths heading off left and right respectively. That's when Ada spoke up again with an idea. "Tell you what, while you confront Salazar for the information, I'll go and see if I can find a way out of here."

I turned to her and said "Sounds good to me. Contact me when you find something and make sure to set off a beacon for me to follow." She just replied by saying "Sure thing." Before we both followed our own individual paths and objectives.

My route lead me through hallways, corridors and exteriors that looked esthetically the same as all of what I had seen before. However eventually I came to a door which lead me out onto a balcony overlooking a large tower directly ahead of me which was connected to the rest of the castle by a bridge.

I leapt off the balcony and landed on the bridge easily. Any other human would have shattered their legs doing a jump like that. However due to my enhanced strength, all I needed to do was a slight roll and I was completely fine.

Needless to say, I quickly got back up to my feet and continued towards the large tower directly ahead. I waited outside the door for a moment, drawing my handgun before suddenly kicking the door hard and causing it to slam open.

I stepped into a large circular room and grinned when I saw Salazar standing right there, with one of his hooded henchmen from earlier. Salazar looked surprised at first, though he quickly tried to mask it behind an arrogant smirk.

"Well, well Mr Y/N Wesker, I wasn't expecting to see you here. Did you lose something?" The last part of his sentence was dripped in sarcasm as I just glared at him and said "Indeed, which is actually why I'm here. Where is is Saddler heading? Tell me and make this easier on yourself."

Salazar let out a laugh and exclaimed "You are in no position to make demands OR threats Mr Wesker!" I raised my handgun and fired a shot into the air that made him flinch as I asked "Am I not? I'll ask you again, where is Saddler and where is the Sample of Las Plagas?"

I could tell Salazar was shaking in anger before he abruptly turned to the hooded figure next to him and yelled "You! Kill him!" The hooded figure turned to him, hearing the command before turning back to me.

In an instant, the black robe was thrown to the ground and I will admit, I was surprised to find out that the figure was an almost scorpion-like humanoid B.O.W that was now standing and glaring at me while Salazar chuckled to himself off to the side.

Image of the Verdugo:

In an instant the Verdugo creature dashed forward and attempted to scratch me with its big clawed hands however I effortlessly dodged and retaliated by punching the creature in its stomach causing it to double over

I then followed up by elbowing it in the face causing it to stagger back. However as it did so, it lanced outward with its speared tail and attempted to impale me though I moved back quickly and avoided that one as well.

Pulling out the TMP I attempted to fire a series of rapid-fire bullets directly into the Verdugo's face however these bullets seemed to have next to no effect on the creature. Because of this, I holstered it shortly after to conserve ammo.

We both ran directly at one another and to my surprise, the creature used its long fingers to wrap around my body and it attempted to lift me off the ground, however once I was at the right height, I kicked the creature in the face before breaking out of its grip easily.

I then followed up with a palm-thrust to the Verdugo's stomach which caused it to go crashing into one of the walls. It wasn't dead but it was certainly unconscious after a hit like that. As I got back to my feet properly and regained my composure, I turned to Salazar with a smirk.

The Castellan stepped back in fear squeaking out "Impossible! The Verdugo was meant to be unbeatable! How could the likes of you and that Kennedy defeat it?!" I didn't respond and instead drew my handgun.

I approached him slowly before pointing the handgun at his head and saying "With no more distractions. You get one last chance. Where is Saddler heading?" I clicked the handgun and this was enough for Salazar to completely break as he cried.

"He's travelled to an island not too far from here! You'll need a boat to reach it!" I kept my smirk and commented "See, that wasn't too hard was it?" I lowered my handgun and said "You are of no further use to me. I'll be on my way."

With that, I just simply walked away. You may be wondering why I hadn't killed Salazar right then and there. To answer your question, I was leaving him for Leon. Salazar may not have known this, but my mercy had only bought him a matter of minutes.

Now I just needed Ada to find us a way out of here...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I'm really sorry if it was bad, this chapter was another of those difficult ones where the ideas are just hard to get down well. Regardless, I do hope you liked this chapter, I also plan to upload another one later so hopefully that one will be better and as always, thank you for reading.