Chapter 56: The Uroboros Test Subject

(I feel I should mention that in this book, Y/N only respects people who can back their words up with actions. That's why he hated Salazar and Irving yet shows minor respect for people like Krauser and Excella despite not really liking either of them.)

Y/N POV

I proceeded through the Tri-Cell laboratory, following the series of corridors and hallways as I searched for Excella's whereabouts until I eventually reached a metal door. Opening it, I stepped into what appeared to be an observation room.

The most dominant detail of this room was a large glass window that was overlooking a small laboratory. And standing in front of the window itself was Excella herself, just the person I was looking for. Just off to the side was that masked woman though neither of them noticed me until I purposefully slammed the door behind me, causing them to spin around.

I didn't snap as such however I sternly stated "Excella! I have a question for you." She just looked at me with a stuck-up, smug expression before speaking in her usual Italian accent. "Go on, be quick about it, I'm a busy woman."

Stepping further into the room, I gave the masked woman a sideways glance signalling for her to keep out of any hostilities that may ensue before I turned back to the Tri-Cell executive and asked "Tell me, what do you know about Jill Valentine?"

Excella just let out a chuckle before asking "Have you been spending time with Chris Redfield?" I wasn't in the mood for any games so I snapped "Answer the damn question!" This caused the masked woman to step forward a bit though not do anything else.

Nevertheless, Excella didn't react to the threat and instead placed her hands on her hips saying "I'll tell you what I told the BSAA, I know nothing of Jill's whereabouts." She then regained her smirk before asking "Why do you care anyway? According to the data I've gathered, you don't have the best history now do you?"

I was about to growl at her angrily however she cut me off by saying "Now be quiet, I have a demonstration prepared which I believe you will find enlightening. We just need to wait for the guinea pigs to arrive."

As if on cue, the double electric doors to the laboratory below opened, I stepped closer to the glass seeing Chris and Sheva both enter the dimly lit room. Directly across from them was a chair with a Majini sat in it.

The door sealed behind Chris and Sheva, locking them in. After a few seconds, Chris noticed the Majini and drew both their attention to it. The Majini had his head down though it was clear he was alive.

That's when Excella spoke into the microphone gaining their attention saying "Well, glad you could make it." They around for a moment causing her to say "Up here you two." They looked up and Chris yelled "Excella, Y/N, WHERE'S JILL?!"

I stepped forward saying "I told you before, I have no idea what you're talking about!" Excella however mocked him by saying "Jill, Jill, Jill. You're like a broken record you know that? Just as single-minded as he said."

She gestured to the Majini in front of them saying "You've spent so long trying to track down Uroboros, well here, enjoy." As she said this, the Majini awoke and arose from the seat. It stepped towards them causing them to aim their handguns at him.

That's when I noticed the Majini's skin rippling like water before an oily black tentacle burst from his shoulder. More tentacles appeared causing Sheva to comment "So Uroboros is a new B.O.W. And you're planning on selling it to terrorists!"

I spoke up saying "You seem like a smart girl, but you would be incorrect." Excella explained "While it does resemble the new B.O.W.s based on the Progenitor Virus, we have no intention of selling it to terrorists."

Chris asked "Then what are you using it for?" The tentacles retreated back into the Majini's body and I noticed its eyes changed orange and snake-like similar to the Prototype Virus' effects. Excella finally answered "Evolution, it's a philosopher's stone one that will choose through DNA who shall proceed to the next stage."

She paused before adding "My vision and theirs combined, now made a reality." Sheva asked "Evolution? What are you talking about?!" Excella just said "Oh, you'll find out soon enough." She leaned forward grinning evilly before finishing "Everyone will."

The Majini suddenly began convulsing and gagging ferociously as Excella commented "Too bad, looks like he wasn't worthy." This caused me to ask, quietly enough for Chris not to hear "What do you mean by that?" She just looked at me and answering "It must need some more work before it is truly ready for release." I just eyed her suspiciously.

(Yes, Excella is lying to Y/N on Wesker's orders. He doesn't want Y/N to know what happens to those unworthy of Uroboros. Y/N won't actually put two and two together until he sees what happens to Excella later on.)

She shot one last glance to the  BSAA saying "Only the chosen ones are fit for the coming new world." With that, she turned away leaving the room with the masked woman. I remained however and observed the display.

The Majini continued to convulse in agony as tentacles continued shooting from his body. My eyes then widened in horror when there was a final loud growl and the Majini's body was completely ripped to shreds, replaced with a hideous mass of black tentacles!

Image of Uroboros Mkono:

I staggered back at the display, of all the creatures I had encountered

I staggered back at the display, of all the creatures I had encountered. This one had been the only one to bring actual fear out of me. Maybe because I literally watched a man's body get ripped to shreds and replaced with this horrific mass!

I didn't even stay to watch Chris and Sheva fight the creature. As soon as it was completely formed. I turned and hastily left the room. This time though I had two questions I wanted to ask Albert himself.

Firstly, I still wanted to know where Jill was, secondly, there was something going on here. I didn't really find Excella's excuse convincing. I wanted to know what the true purpose of Uroboros was!

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I actually enjoyed writing this one, so I really hope you enjoyed reading it. Either way, the next chapter will hopefully be up tomorrow but it won't be up as early as last week and as always, thank you for reading.