Chapter 55: The Second Encounter, Jill's Alive?

Y/N POV

I left Albert alone, observing the Uroboros missiles. By this point, I was beginning to grow suspicious or paranoid, depending on how you wanted to look at it. There was something going on here that I wasn't aware of.

I had a nagging suspicion that Albert was hiding something and I believed Excella was in on it, whatever it was. Though of course, I knew nothing for certain so I didn't dare actively voice my concerns directly at risk of causing unnecessary problems.

Instead, I would just observe, continue to follow Albert's orders, keep and eye on Chris as per instructions. However I would keep my cards close to my chest, if I played them right, I may be able to get Chris to discover some concrete proof for me.

Though until then, I would just do as I was told. The door I exited eventually lead me to one of Tri-Cell's underground laboratories. It was safe to assume, that if Chris and Sheva had followed me here, they would eventually find their way into the facility.

The series of hallways and labs decorated with test tubes, reminded me of the old Umbrella facilities from years ago. Despite them being gone and Spencer along with them, I was still uneasy.

In the years that had passed since Raccoon City's destruction, I had begun to think more. Part of the 'Wesker' programme was for us all to share a similar morality and world view to Spencer himself and back then, I was like that. 

If you remember back to the Spencer mansion, there were only small bouts of pity towards the member of S.T.A.R.S. However I never let that get in the way of the mission assigned to me. Nowadays, I actually found myself questioning Albert's methods.

Regardless, I kept walking through the laboratory until I eventually made it to the large elevator shaft directly in the centre of it. The elevator itself was a huge circular platform that was currently docked on the floor below me.

I stared up at it and grinned when I noticed Chris and Sheva already here, they were stood by a terminal and hadn't noticed me just yet. However the elevator soon started going down. My eyes widened as I saw several pods lining the walls.

It descending as I remained on the upper ledge, watching it fall until it abruptly stopped. THIS was my chance, I leapt off the ledge and fell down to the elevator, I didn't even use my Hookshot as I hit the ground behind the pair causing them to spin round.

In an instant, they both had their handguns aimed at me as I asked sarcastically "What seems to be the problem?" Chris instantly spat a question which actually caught me off guard as my eyes widened. "Y/N! Where's Jill?!"

I just stared at him for a moment before saying "What the Hell are you talking about?" Sheva remained silent as Chris snapped again "Don't bullshit me Y/N! I know you're holding her here!" This only served to confuse me even more as I gasped and said "I don't know what you're talking about."

Before either of them could say another word I grinned before saying "I don't know why you think I'd know where Jill is. But I have been tasked with finding you both. I guess it's time for round 2 then."

I stepped forward as both of them stepped back. Before I was about to move though, I felt hot breath on my back. Chris and Sheva were both looking up at something behind me which initially just made me raise an eyebrow in confusion.

Then I turned around and I will admit, I was surprised when I saw a gigantic spider-like B.O.W directly behind me! I wasn't prepared for a giant creature to suddenly appear, though it was likely Excella sent it.

Image of the U-8:

I turned back to Chris and Sheva, grinned and said "I'll leave this little pet to you

I turned back to Chris and Sheva, grinned and said "I'll leave this little pet to you. Good luck." Without another word to the BSAA operatives, I used my Hookshot to launch myself up to one of the higher walkways, barely out of harms way.

The elevator had completely come to a stop at this point so I just observed Chris and his new partner fend off the creature from a distance. If it was anyone else, I would have expected a slaughter, but with Chris, I knew it could go both ways.

And sure enough, it didn't take long for him to discover that it could be harmed by aiming at both its mouth and the glands at the joint areas. With this known, both of them focused shotgun and magnum fire at these areas. The large B.O.W tried hitting them with multiple swipes from its legs.

In the end, they finished up by hurling a Hand Grenade into its open mouth, causing it to let out a loud growl before tumbling backwards from the explosion's force and falling into the abyss below.

(The reason this fight was so short is because, I always felt that the U-8 was quite an easy boss. Especially when compared to the others.)

With that creature out of the picture, the elevator soon resumed its movement downward before finally coming to a stop. I used my Hookshot to reach one lower capsules however I hid behind it, remaining out of sight to eavesdrop on what was being said.

Chris and Sheva had their attention on one capsule in particular and as it began to open, I leaned forward to get a better look however that specific capsule turned out to be empty. Chris stepped forward before saying "Damn it, where is she?"

That's when the monitor switched on behind him and I saw Excella's face appear saying "Mr Redfield, how nice to finally make your acquaintance." Chris turned to the monitor and asked "Who the hell are you?" Sheva explained "Excella Gionne, she works for Tri-Cell."

Image of Excella on the monitor:

Excella complimented her. "Nice, you've done your homework." However Sheva just asked "An officer in the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium, why?!" Excella just retorted to this by saying "As if I need to explain myself to you."

She then stated "Although, weren't you two given orders to retreat?" Sheva said "So it was you!" Excella then chuckled as Chris snapped the same question he asked me earlier "Where is Jill?!" To this Excella said "Jill? Even if I did know, you think I'd tell you?"

This angered Chris as he yelled "Cut the crap! Tell me where she is!" Excella didn't answer and instead just said "As soon as you two are done with your little vigilante mission, you should leave. There is nothing here worth throwing your lives away for."

With that she hung off, even though she didn't know I was there, and Chris and Sheva thought I had escaped, I used my Hookshot to sneak by them and reach one of the higher walkways once again.

I made my way back into the laboratory, intent on finding Excella. I had some questions that needed answering. Most importantly, what did she know about Jill's fate? And even more so, was Albert aware of this?

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I'm sorry if it was kind of bad, sometimes the ideas are hard to actually get into words. Though I still do hope you enjoyed the chapter, and as always, thank you for reading.