Chapter 100: The Return of Chris Redfield and the Truth behind the Doppelganger

Y/N POV

"Y/N? Is that you?"

I slowly raised my hands, as if surrendering before suddenly pulling my Samurai Edge out and aiming it back at the man in front of me. A smirk spread across my face as I replied "Hello Chris, been a while hasn't it?"

Image of Chris Redfield:

Chris just stared at me in shock before saying "B-but in Africa

Chris just stared at me in shock before saying "B-but in Africa. You just disappeared. I thought-." I cut him off replying "You thought I was dead? Chris, you know me better than that." Chris shook his head, saying "No, I knew you wouldn't be dead. I just thought you'd gone into hiding or something after your brother died."

I shrugged and said "I did. But circumstances would have it that I get dragged back into things." I turned my attention to Chris' new partner and asked "New partner I see? And who would you be?" 

His partner was a young man, couldn't have been any older than thirty. However he held a confident manner about him as he stepped forward and simply introduced himself "Piers Nivans." I nodded and said "I see, you must be BSAA."

Image of Piers Nivans:

Chris once again spoke up, as he asked "So, what now? Why are you here Y/N? Want revenge for your brother's death? Are you with Neo Umbrella? With Ada? What do you stand to gain from working for someone like her?"

I didn't answer the question, instead I muttered to myself, quietly enough for Chris and Piers to hear "Of course you wouldn't know, seems me and Ada are the only ones in the loop here." Chris must have heard me mutter something as he asked "What was that?!"

Turning my attention to the two BSAA soldiers, I spoke in a calm manner. "There is more going on here than you could possibly comprehend Chris. I suggest you stay out of the way unless you want more people to get unnecessarily hurt or worse."

My statement made Chris let out an angered growl as both him and Piers swiftly raised their rifles at me once again, Chris snapped at me "What was that?!" I maintained my composure, keeping a calm mind as I replied.

"Like  I said, there is more going on here than you understand Chris. You can take my word on that. Since I was pulled into these events, nothing has been as it initially seems. I only advise that you tread lightly."

Chris raised an eyebrow in confusion but kept his weapon aimed at me before asking "Why should  I listen to you? What evidence do you have that would make you even remotely trustworthy in the slightest? What's to say you won't betray me just like your brother?"

I stepped forward, both Chris and Piers kept their guns aimed at me as I spoke. "I can completely understand why you wouldn't trust me. But I know exactly who you're after, it seems we both want the same thing. Though it also seems I know something you don't."

Again, Chris asked "And what is that?" I replied "That I cannot describe, only show you. I'll tell you what, out of the kindness of my heart, if I find any proof of what I mean, I'll show you. Now if that's everything, I'd best be on my way."

I turned to leave however Chris yelled "Y/N wait!" I stopped, gave him a sideways glance and simply said "Good luck Chris, you're going to need it." With that, I turned and walked back the way I came, finding another route around Chris.

As strange as it sounded, I didn't have time for even CHRIS! My goal was purely focused on getting the answers I needed related to Ada's doppelganger and why she wanted me here for these events. Chris, Jake, Sherry everything else like that could wait.

Of course, little did I know, the answers I sought weren't far away...

Timeskip...

Following my brief encounter with Chris, I continued on with my original objective. It didn't take me long to find and scan a third keycard and with that in hand along with the previous two I found, I was one step closer to my goal.

I continued making my way through the ship, encountering more soldiers, dispatching each one with ease. I only used my guns when it was absolutely necessary, otherwise, thanks to my recent dosage of PG67A-W my strength and speed were more than enough.

I came to a vent which much like with the submarine, I ripped the grating off and crawled inside, in fact I'm pretty sure by doing this, I actually BYPASSED any possible doors I may have needed the keycards for thereby rendering the entire last part of my mission, completely useless. 

Nevertheless, I continued to crawl through the network of tight vents before at last, I came to yet another exit. I pushed the metal panel causing it to fall to the ground with a bang. I peered out, ensuring the sound of the panel hitting the floor hadn't attracted any unwanted attention.

As soon as I knew the coast was clear, I slipped out of the vent, effortlessly landing on my feet in the process. Directly ahead of me was a door. I slowly drew my Samurai Edge and approached. I then raised my foot and kicked the door in!

It banged against the wall however I ignored it and instantly entered a surprisingly luxurious room. The main feature of which was a desk with a chair behind it. On said desk my attention was instantly drawn to a briefcase.

The case itself was of particular interest to me. I approached it and clicked the locks on it, flipping them up and opening the case. The contents of it were even more confusing. First there was a CD, I instantly disregarded that as I had no means to play it.

Next though, was a recorder, I pushed a button and instantly, I heard the voice of Derek Simmons, he seemed distressed and I had no idea how old the recording was however what he said definitely piqued my interest.

"No. No! That's not good enough! THAT'S NOT ADA WONG!" His enraged voice was heard. "WHY WON'T IT WORK!" I continued to listen to his angered rant "Combine the DNA sequence with the cocoon's bio-structure! Find another subject!"

His next words seemed much more calm however his words were certainly important "Use Carla for the next pass, she's a close match. Be careful what you say around her. I don't want her catching on." My eyes narrowed as I began to piece things together.

"Yes, yes! This is it. She may have left me, but now I have her back. Happy birthday, Ada Wong." 

Those were Simmons final words before the recording ended. I turned my attention back to the briefcase where I noticed a folder. I picked it up and opened it up. I read through the information and one thing stood out to me.

The name Carla Radames was mentioned along with a picture of Simmons with a blonde haired woman. And it was here all the puzzle pieces fit together perfectly. I now understood everything, why there were two Adas, why the clone wanted to ruin Simmons' work, everything! I muttered "So, that explains that."

I instantly pulled my communicator out and contacted Ada, she soon appeared on the screen asking "Yes?" I began speaking quickly "I've found something that may be of interest to you. I'm leaving my cube here and sending out a beacon for you to follow."

Ada asked "What are you going to do?" I grinned and said "I have one last order of business to tie up with our mutual friend." This caused Ada to lecture "Wait for me Y/N! I can't have you doing anything foolish."

I didn't listen though and said "Sorry Ada." With that, I hung up, setting the beacon for her to follow and grinning to myself. The final pieces to this game were finally in play, it's time to finally see how things would unfold...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, sorry for the late upload, it took me a while to get this all written. And we're at Chapter 100 as well! A milestone for my stories, I'd like to thank everyone who's been reading up to this point. I hope you enjoy what's to come and as always, thank you for reading.