Chapter 54: PG67A/W, Uroboros Completed!

Y/N POV

"-The preparations are almost complete, then we can leave." Those were the words spoken by none other than Excella Gionne, the executive from Tri-Cell who had been helping Albert from the shadows up to this point.

Image of Excella Gionne:

Albert simply responded by saying "Good

Albert simply responded by saying "Good." As Excella revealed a syringe from her briefcase. She lightly tapped the needle's tip before injecting the syringe's contents into Albert's arm. She then turned to me and said calmly "Your turn."

I just stared at her for a moment, as you already know, I didn't trust Excella in the slightest, she was just another corporate stooge focused purely on forwarding her own financial gain. Nevertheless, I reluctantly rolled me sleeve up, handed my arm to her and allowed her to inject the substance into my arm.

What was this substance you may ask? It was a serum designated as PG67A/W. It was based off an old formula of Umbrella's designed to maintain the abilities of the Prototype Virus. Though we gave  Tri-Cell access to the formula. It needed to be administered in accurate doses, too little and it would do nothing, too much it would act as a poison to our bodies. Excella knew the exact amount needed, hence why she was the one to administer it.

Once  Excella was done supplying me with the serum, I rolled my sleeve back down as she turned to Albert who was standing up and said "You know, I was surprised Las Plagas was such a success. When you both first arrived, I had my doubts." She stepped towards Albert again and said "Now, Uroboros is complete."

My eyes widened a bit at the revelation, I hadn't been here all that long and they sure as Hell hadn't mentioned Uroboros finally being complete! Albert however simply said "Your position at Tri-Cell is secured."

Excella walked around Albert, looking at him almost seductively. Yeah, apparently Excella had developed some kind of interest in Albert during our time working with her. This was further solidified by her saying "Oh, I've got my eyes set on something much bigger."

I scoffed a bit to myself, though as always, she remained oblivious to my distaste as she continued "You'll be needing a partner right? Someone suitable to join you in your new world?" She placed a hand on his stomach and asked "I believe I've proven I'm worthy, haven't I?"

I was about to point out that I would be the one to stand at my brother's side as we ushered in a new world. Though I was beat to it by Albert harshly grabbing her face before saying coldly "Perhaps you have." He then let her go viscously.

Now don't  get me wrong, I didn't trust OR like Excella in the slightest. However I will admit, she had proven herself useful thus far. Both financially and intellectually. So she had my respect, but that wasn't enough to say I cared much for her. I just didn't despise her like I did Irving.

My thoughts were interrupted when that masked figure from before entered the room informing us. "The BSAA are here." We all turned to look at the mysterious woman as Excella commented. "It seems your old friend Chris Redfield has come to pay you a visit."

Albert paused for a moment, as if in thought which caused Excella to ask in a somewhat mocking tone "Do I sense concern?" This angered me a bit and it must have done for Albert as well as he said in a stern, emotionless voice "The plan is in its final stages, I will not tolerate delays."

Excella let out a huff before rolling her eyes, collecting her briefcase once again and making her way out of the door, the masked woman followed closely behind. However I remained in the small office-like room with Albert.

We remained silent for a good few seconds before Albert stepped out towards a large window. I followed after him and my eyes widened once again behind my sunglasses when I saw several large missiles, lined up one after the other. The word 'Uroboros' was written on the side in a large black font.

I stared at the missiles in awe and shock before Albert asked "Magnificent isn't it?" I just continued to stare as he explained "Several years in the making had lead us to this point right now. You could say that this had been our decade-long work."

I asked "What are you going to do with all these missiles?" Albert turned to me and said "Like I told you before, I wish to unleash Uroboros into the atmosphere. Those who are worthy will be granted great power BEYOND mortal comprehension, and we shall rule over them as their Gods." He paused for a moment before saying seemingly to himself. "I suppose I should thank you Spencer."

In all honesty, I liked the sound of Albert's proposition. Though I still had a burning suspicion that there was something he wasn't telling me. Nevertheless, I ignored those feelings and asked "What do you need me to do?"

A grin spread across Albert's face as he cupped his chin in thought. To my surprise, instead of answering instantly, he placed his other hand on my shoulder causing me to gasp a bit. He then simply said "I am proud of you Y/N. Your efforts over the last decade have not gone un noticed. You will be rewarded in the new world."

I smiled and said "Thank you brother." Then he finally gave me my orders. "I want you to watch Chris and his little partner. When the time is right, I want you to ambush them but bring Chris to me. What you do with the girl, is completely up to you."

I nodded and said "Very well." I turned around and began heading for the doorway, I heard Albert calling behind me "Y/N!" I turned around as he said "Good luck." I nodded again and continued.

What I didn't notice was the malicious smirk on Albert's face when my back was turned...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, this is the second part of the RE5 segment and the part where most of the good stuff will happen, I really hope you like it! I also hope you enjoyed this chapter as well and as always, thank you for reading.