Chapter 73: Neil's Motive, Reforming the FBC

(I got the idea for this minor plotline because I recently completed Revelations 1 for the first time and came up with an idea for a segment which involved Y/N being hired by Lansdale to act as the financial backer to Veltro in order to remove suspicion from Lansdale himself. Of course now, it's too late to do that idea however I've decided to change it in order to treat it as an event that already happened between the Code Veronica and RE4 segments.)

Y/N POV

"Well well, the FBC? I'd have never have thought. I knew there was something off about you from the very beginning Fisher, how about we have a little talk about that..."

My tone was calm yet held a threatening and intimidating edge as I slowly stepped towards Neil with a grin stretched across my face. Neil attempted to step back however the computer terminal behind him stopped him in his tracks.

He reached for his handgun however before he could properly aim it at me, I swiftly drew my own and blasted it out of his hand. He let out a grunt as the weapon clattered to the ground, now he was defenceless as I had my Samurai Edge still pointed at him.

My grin remained as I just said "So, I'll ask the first question and I expect you to answer it." I paused for a moment before asking the simplest question "So, why did you do it? The FBC is finished, it has been for years, why bring it back?"

Neil just glared at me, despite his predicament, he maintained a confident façade before responding "The FBC is needed! To protect the world from scum like you!" My eyebrow raised as Neil began speaking.

"Yeah, I knew who you were Y/N Wesker, I know what you're capable of. Alex was very insistent that you be brought here as well for her experiment, I don't know why though, I provided her with enough candidates for her experiment."

Before I could ask another question, Neil suddenly stated "You should have helped the FBC when you had the chance Y/N." This caused my eyes to widen partially as I thought back to what he meant, I had in fact been approached by the FBC seven years ago, not long before it's collapse...

Flashback, seven years ago...

I entered into the dark safehouse marked on the coordinates given to me in the message. I will admit, I found it strange that I had been communicated by the terrorist group Veltro of all people, but I decided I would hear them out.

Inside the warehouse was completely dark and I didn't need to say anything before I heard a voice say "So, you came. I was unsure if this meeting was a waste of time." I sternly ordered "Show yourself!"

From the shadows, to my surprise, emerged Morgan Lansdale, the commissioner of the FBC. This surprised me as I had honestly expected a member of Veltro, was this a set-up? I was unsure however I remained on my guard.

Image of Morgan Lansdale:

I addressed the old man by asking "So, want to tell me what this is all about?" Lansdale chuckled darkly before saying "Straight to the point I see, very well

I addressed the old man by asking "So, want to tell me what this is all about?" Lansdale chuckled darkly before saying "Straight to the point I see, very well." He then reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a vial.

"I want you to give this to the leader of Veltro, Jack Norman." I took the vial in my hand and asked "I assume from the secrecy of the meeting that this is some sort of bioweapon. Why is the commissioner of the FBC handing me a bioweapon to give to a terrorist organization?"

Lansdale just glared at me before responding "You have no reason to question my reasoning! Will you take the task or not?" I analysed the vial in my hand for a moment before grinning and placing it back in Lansdale's hand saying "I'll pass."

I turned to leave and I heard Lansdale warn me "You will regret this decision Y/N Wesker!" I just shouted back "I don't work with terrorist groups Mr Lansdale! And I certainly don't work with corrupt officials like you! Good day!"

(You see if I had thought of my Revelations 1 segment idea sooner, Y/N would have accepted Lansdale's offer, however in the context of this book, he refuses.)

Back to present day...

I snapped out of my memory by clicking my handgun again. "So, before Lansdale was arrested and the FBC fell, he managed to pass the torch. Smart man. Though he should have picked a better choice." This made Neil growl in anger.

Next I asked "So, how does Alex factor into this? I know you're working with her, what are you doing for her and what do you get out of it that will help rebuild the FBC?" 

Neil answered this by saying "Simple, I provided her with Terrasave members to serve as guinea pigs for her test." I would have asked what said experiment was however I wanted to hear it from Alex's own words, not passed through Neil.

Instead, I asked "But what do you get in return? And how would it help you revive the FBC?" Neil wasted no time in responding "I get one thing that suites a job like this. A sample of the Uroboros virus itself."

With this knowledge, I instantly pieced things together "So, you wish to create another bioterrorist event to justify the reestablishment of the FBC? Is that it?" To this Neil nodded however before he could speak I continued.

"And this is all okay to you? To use the members of Terrasave, people who trusted you. Sending them to their deaths without a second thought? All for an ideology that has been dead for years?!" By this point I was yelling.

For a second, I saw a hint of guilt cross Neil's face, I could tell the evil bravado was just an act but by this point I had grown frustrated with Neil so without another word, I just spun around and stepped out of the room with an angered look on my face.

I heard Neil behind me asking in a shocked tone. "You're leaving? After all that? You just turn around and walk away?" I stopped in the doorway and turned my head slightly giving the man a sideways glance.

Suddenly, I aimed my handgun back at him and fired a single shot into his lower torso, he let out a grunt and gripped it in pain as he staggered back. I however just left him alone in the room, I had no time to waste on him.

I had more important issues to worry about...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I'm sorry for the late upload though I hope the chapter was good enough to make up for it. I hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.