Chapter 81: Y/N's Safehouse, the Wesker Family

Y/N POV

After the encounter with Barry and Natalia, I wasted no time fleeing the industrial sector of the island before retreating to my safehouse. It was a small cabin located a short distance away from the series of factories and other buildings.

Upon reaching the quaint living conditions, I reached for the rusting key I found that unlocked the structure. I came across this building shortly after the events that occurred at the Monument six months ago, I found the key along with it so I realized this would be the best place to set up shop.

Of course the Afflicted would find my little hideout, however with no windows and a metal door that only I had a key for, they couldn't get in and more often than not they would eventually lose interest and leave. Those that stayed, I would finish off myself.

I closed the door behind me, locking it once again. I then approached a table with a single chair. Every now and then, I would come across items that I deemed worth taking, I would bring them back here. I'd actually turned what I believe was a small storage space into quite a sizable living space.

As I sat down in the chair, I sighed with relief before reaching for one item in particular that I came across. On one occasion only had I returned to the monument following the incident. While here I found an item which I took.

It was an old painting created years ago, showing myself, Albert and Alex back when we all worked under Umbrella. Albert was sat in a black armchair which I was stood behind, Alex was stood off to the side.

(It's the picture at the top of the chapter, just imagine Y/N standing behind Albert's chair.)

As soon as I saw the painting, I had to take it with me. Even if both Albert and Alex had tried to murder me at different points, it was still a memory I wanted to maintain, before the Arklay Mountains, before Raccoon City, before Africa.

Seeing Albert in the painting reminded me how I'd spent most of my life following his orders. While both Albert and Alex became leading scientists within Umbrella's structure, I myself simply served as Albert's right hand man so to speak.

I still was quite scientific, I would observe some of the experiments conducted. That's how I had the knowledge to replicate the PG67A-W serum once I knew how to make it using Tri-Cell's records.

Then as you already know, even after Umbrella fell following Raccoon City, I continued following Albert's instructions, heading out collecting samples, the G-Virus was the first and it went all the way along to Las Plagas.

The only task I turned down was to acquire the T-Abyss Virus. The only reason I rejected that task is because it was also around this time that I received that offer from Morgan Lansdale. I didn't want any connection to the FBC or Veltro.

That wasn't much of a problem as Excella managed to hire two agents named Raymond Vester and Jessica Sherawat. I only me those two briefly, they seemed respectable but I didn't interact with them much.

(Again, this was an idea I had for my Revelations 1 segment that I had to altar since I didn't play that game until recently by which point it was too late to write a segment on it. If I had wrote that segment, it would have mainly centred around Y/N, Jessica and Raymond.)

After a while of thinking and reliving memories, I eventually placed the picture face-down on the table. I looked at the bracelet around my wrist which had been deactivated ever since the Monument exploded.

Closing my eyes, I just took a deep breath and let out a sigh, I just hoped I'd be able to leave this damn island soon...

Barry POV

The inside of the large tower was disgusting there were strange poles with dolls attached to them as well as other items as well. The entire place was a complete wreck however we ascended a series of staircases leading up to a large open room.

I shielded Natalia in case anything tried ambushing us as we slowly approached an altar in the middle of the large room. On this altar I found a very strange painting, it showed Wesker and Y/N stood with a mysterious blonde woman in a white outfit.

I muttered to myself "Wesker." Then I heard Natalia saying "She's so scary. I can't stand her." I got down and saw her looking at the woman in the painting, I asked "Who, the woman here with Wesker and Y/N?"

I found it odd that there would just be this painting showing both Y/N and Wesker, at first I thought that maybe it was Y/N's and he left it here by mistake. Natalia answered though and her response actually shocked me.

She pointed to the woman before saying "That IS Wesker, Alex Wesker."

It was starting to make sense now, this painting must have shown the three Wesker siblings, I had thought there were only two Weskers, Albert and Y/N but this just made things worse. I muttered "Three Wesker's? You gotta be shittin' me."

I glanced at Natalia however we were interrupted when we heard a distorted female laugh sound throughout the dark room. I raised my gun ready to blast anything that got close. The voice spoke in a menacing tone.

"So, you finally came. I knew you would!" Spinning around, I was suddenly struck by an unknown figure. As I got back up I heard her say a single phrase. "Natalia..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I quite enjoyed this one due to it going into Y/N's mindset a bit more. I hope you liked it as well and as always, thank you for reading.