Chapter 50: Extracting Irving

Y/N POV

I kept on driving until I eventually arrived at the entrance to some kind of train-yard. The road ahead was blocked by a lowered barrier which is why I halted the jeep and got out. I picked up both the case and vial Albert gave me before jumping over the barrier.

There were a series of wrecked and out of commission trains dotted around the area. Judging by overturned objects as well as numerous bullet holes dotted around, it was apparent that the BSAA had already here and likely dispatched the Majini in the area.

Then again, like I mentioned before, I never approved of Albert's use of the Majini in his plans nowadays. The events in Spain with Los Illuminados years ago were still fresh in my mind, I knew just what Las Plagas was capable of and in the hands of an unhinged man like Irving, it was arguably even worse than Saddler.

I wandered through the now abandoned train-yard until I eventually came across a tunnel leading into a darkness ahead. There was a rail track that I assume a mine cart had originally been on, nonetheless, I assumed this would be my only route forward.

Heading into the tunnel, I was instantly plunged into darkness. I was feeling along the cave wall until I found myself coming across a small light that had been placed on the floor, presumably so that someone could navigate this mine.

With the large light in-hand, I was unable to hold a weapon since my hands were full. Luckily for me though, I didn't need any weaponry as it seemed there was no opposition around either from a few feral Majini or any BSAA personnel.

I continued through the mine for some time before eventually finding a gate which was connected to a crank. Normally, this would be impossible for one person to do alone. However I simply placed the lamp on the ground before grabbing the bottom of the gate.

I flung it upward and dashed through before it could close again. Now I was in a large room that went upwards, presumably back to the surface. I climbed up a ladder which put me on a winding path that I began following.

Eventually, I reached the end where I encountered one final tunnel which I instantly followed and came across one final elevator. Stepping inside and pushing a button, I soon ascended to the top floor where I could see light at the end of the tunnel.

Stepping out into the outside light again, I was met with a shack right in front of me. According to my radar, this was where Irving's initial signal had been coming from. I stepped towards the shack and could instantly hear voices.

I used my Hookshot to propel over a nearby fence and ducked under a nearby window. I began to listen in on the conversation and was surprised when I heard the voice of Chris along with an unknown woman and a shrill annoying voice that I assumed was Irving.

I must have missed the beginning of the conversation as I heard the unknown woman saying angrily "You're just like all the other pieces of scum terrorists!" To this Irving retorted "Oh I'm not like them, I'm a business man with standards."

Chris ordered "Drop the weapon!" Honestly, I was surprised to find him here, it had been years since the confrontation at the Spencer estate yet I didn't think I'd see him this soon. Albert would want to know about this as soon as possible.

Irving didn't care much for Chris' threat and instead snapped back "Or, how about you drop yours." They all fell into silence and I knew this was my opportunity to act, I pulled a smoke grenade from my pocket and threw it through the open window above me.

It exploded and smoke began pouring out. I deployed my Hookshot and lunged through another window, smashing the glass upon impact. Landing in the room, I completely ignored Chris and his mysterious partner and instead focused purely on Irving.

I rushed over to him, grabbed his arm and snapped "Get a move on!" We both headed back towards the window. Irving yelled arrogantly "Suckers!" Before laughing maniacally. I grumbled "Move!" Before pushing him out and following close behind.

Once outside the room, me and Irving hurried over to one of the nearby vehicles, we both got in and instantly drove away. 

Timeskip...

Upon arriving at another safe location, we instantly disembarked from our vehicle and that was when Irving finally commented "So, you're Excella's latest plaything are ya? I thought she'd have sent that masked freak again like always."

(I feel I should mention, the reason Wesker didn't send Jill in this book is because Y/N doesn't know what happened to her after their last encounter. He's intentionally keeping that a secret.)

I turned to face Irving and began to take him in. He was just as disgusting as his file described him to be. I glared at the short man with absolute disgust, not saying anything. This caused Irving to remark "Not much for words are ya?"

Image of Ricardo Irving:

I picked up the briefcase along with the vial

I picked up the briefcase along with the vial. I first handed the case to him and said "Your payment, as requested for your support." He took the case and opened it, eyeballing the gold bars within with glee.

I then held the vial containing the master Plaga before saying "And this is yours. You know what to do with it." This got Irving's attention and caused him to glare at it with anger before stating "I don't need to take orders from a puppet like you!"

This caused something to snap in my mind. I violently grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the ground. He dropped the case containing the gold bars causing a few of them to fall out onto the floor. Now he just thrashed about and gasped for air.

I spat with hatred in my voice "Allow me to explain something to you Irving. I am no puppet of Excella. I am affiliated with something MUCH worse. Fail to meet our expectations and let's just say, there wouldn't be a fortress in the world that would keep you safe."

Tilting my head to the side, I said "I could easily kill you now, snap your neck like a twig." I sighed "But, it is in my best interest for you to remain alive." I dropped Irving to the ground as he caught his breath. I finally said "It's your job to exterminate those BSAA pests."

Irving yelled "Fine fine! I'll handle them!" I stepped back and said "Good, to see that you do. I have been ordered to stick around a little longer just to be sure." Irving looked at me with fear in his eyes, though I just smirked.

I knew now it would only be a matter of time before I encountered Chris once again...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, while it did take a while to get it written, I still think it went quite well in all. I plan to gloss over the Irving portion of RE5 quite quickly since the main point of this segment focuses on the relationship between Y/N and Wesker. I really hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.