Chapter 49: The Uroboros Virus! Y/N's New Assignment

Timeskip, three years later...

Y/N POV

The African savannah was certainly a place, I didn't think my work would take me. This situation somewhat reminded me of the Los Illuminados incident. Though at least there, I knew there was a sinister cult at play, manipulating things from the shadows. Here, my mission mentioned nothing like that.

Nevertheless, here I was, in an unmarked jeep, driving across the desolate landscape. I had a small radar in the vehicle that had a small flashing beacon, providing with my destination and in the passenger seat next to me was a file with my vague and seemingly irrelevant mission.

I suddenly halted the vehicle and turned my attention to the file properly. Picking it up, I opened it and looked at what was disclosed inside. The first thing I noticed was a picture of a man who just emanated a disgusting, untrustworthy vibe.

Along with the picture was a name 'Ricardo Irving'. I already knew he was an infamous black market dealer who dealt mainly in bio weapons. Though I failed to see how this snake fit in with our ultimate end-goal.

I thought back to what Albert had said when he gave me the mission initially...

Flashback, a few hours earlier...

I walked down the dark hallway until I arrived at a door being guarded by two 'Majini'. Their presence alone put me on edge as they were the result of Africans who had been infected with Las Plagas, making them hideously like the Ganados I fought five or six years ago.

Shortly after me and Ada had returned with the Plaga sample from Saddler, Albert had wasted no time in getting it mass-produced. We had gained funding from a company named Tri-Cell which to me seemed like just another Umbrella. I still wasn't fully understanding what Albert's game was.

The door opened and I found myself in a dark room containing a lone chair that was facing away from me. Though as soon as the door closed behind me, the chair spun around to reveal Albert sat staring at me.

You see, it didn't take long for me to locate Albert again following the Spencer Estate encounter, I don't know what had happened to Jill and since Albert didn't mention her, I just assumed she had perished in the fall.

Albert just spoke up "Ah Y/N, you made it, good. I have something I wish to show you." I stepped forward and asked "Fine, what is it?" Albert spun around in his chair before bringing up a series of computer screens in front of him.

I instantly turned my attention to one screen in particular which showed a series of particles or cells, being viewed through a microscope, I stepped forward in curiosity, staring at the screen until I heard Albert say "Behold, humanity's Uroboros!"

Turning to him I asked "Uroboros?" Albert simply asked a question himself before going off on a ramble. "Isn't it perfect? So nearly complete, we just need a little more time and it will finally be complete."

I finally had the chance to ask the question that had loomed over my mind ever since I collected that Las Plagas sample. "Albert, what is this Uroboros? What are your intentions?" Albert just looked up at me from the seat before asking in a semi-shocked tone.

"You don't know? The G-Virus, the T-Veronica Virus, Las Plagas. Years of careful planning, all leading to this specific moment." He paused for a moment, as if waiting for me to say something before continuing regardless.

"Upon completion Uroboros will be released into the Earth's atmosphere. Those who are worthy, shall inherit not only its gift, but also inherit the world, a world which I shall rule over as a GOD!"

I just stared at him for a moment. Albert reached out and picked up a file, saying "I have another task for you, handing it to me I opened it. I read the mission's brief and the other details concealed within before looking at my brother with confusion.

"Ricardo Irving? I fail to see how some black market dealer could possibly be of help to the research into Uroboros." Albert sat back in his seat, saying "He has proven himself useful thus far in the distribution of the Las Plagas parasite. Though recently the BSAA have apparently been snooping too close for their own good. Your objective is Irving's extraction and taken to a designated refinery. Is that clear?"

I nodded and said "Yes. Though I should warn you, trusting scum like him and that Excella will only drag us down." Albert then said "Excella is nothing to worry about. Take this." He held a vial out and upon taking it, my eyes widened when I saw that it was a Master Plaga sample, similar to the one Salazar was supposedly infected with years prior.

I didn't even need to ask as Albert explained "Upon finding Irving, you are to give him this sample. As well as this briefcase." He handed me a briefcase. Taking both, I simply turned around and left the room. Leaving a smirking  Albert behind...

Back to present day...

I held the sample in my hand before looking back at the radar. I will admit, over the years, me and Albert's relationship had become more business oriented, in fact it had been that way ever since we first awoke our prototype viruses within us.

Even though he had explained the plan, I had a nagging hunch there was something more he wasn't telling me...

Author's Note: That's this chapter done, this was a really difficult one to write so I'm sorry if it wasn't bad. I have ideas for this segment and those ideas I think you'll like, I'm just having trouble connecting them all together. Nevertheless, I do hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.