Chapter 105: Arrival at the Oil Field, the Beginning of the End

Y/N POV

I wasted no time rushing back to my helicopter. I used my Hookshot to easily, once again reach the top of the giant skyscraper. There were a few more zombies in my way however I easily dispatched them and boarded the aircraft.

It was a shame I couldn't help Ada all the way to the end. But for the time being, finding Jake was my number one priority. And besides, I knew that Ada would be able to hold her own. Generic soldiers or zombies were no problem for her, to deal with and with both Carla and Simmons dead, there wouldn't be any significant opposition.

I knew there was a small oil rig not too far from the city we were in. I assumed that was the oil field Leon mentioned. So as soon as I'd taken off again from the helipad, I headed in that direction, hoping to finally close out the chain of events Carla had dragged me into...

Timeskip...

Sure enough, just ass I had predicted, once I'd gone far enough out into the open ocean, away from the city, I spotted a large oil rig appearing on the horizon. I grinned and muttered to myself "Bingo, that must be it."

Drawing closer, my theory was solidified when I noticed on one of the helipads was a military-grade fighter jet, identical to the one I'd seen Chris escape the aircraft carrier in. This then caused me to add "Seems Chris and his little partner already beat me here."

I was able to find another landing pad and instantly lowered my helicopter to land directly in the centre of it. Once I'd disembarked, I briefly searched the back to see if my helicopter had a rocket launcher as well however I found nothing, making me chuckle and say "Lucky Ada. Why did you get a rocket launcher?"

I instantly forgot about that though and instead focused on the task at hand. Firstly, I found a bulkhead door which I easily twisted open, granting me access to the large structure. The door closed behind me and sealed shut.

The interior was similar, if not almost identical to both that of the submarine AND the aircraft carrier. It initially consisted of nothing more than blank grey corridors with small rooms off to the sides that seemed to serve a variety of purposes.

It didn't take long for me to come across a lift, stepping in it, I noticed that I was apparently on the top floor so naturally I pressed the button to go down. I had no idea what I would find down here, so as the journey happened, I reached for my Samurai Edge.

At last, the lift came to a stop and the door opened. I found myself in a dark corridor, though I was still able to notice that the design was now much different than before. A siren was blaring, briefly letting a red light bathe the path, I aimed my handgun ahead of me and slowly began stepping down the hallway.

Strangely enough, I hadn't encountered any opposition, whether it was B.O.Ws or soldiers. I easily chalked this up though to Chris' work. I assume he was found quite quickly. That didn't exactly bode well for me either. While there were no enemies now, I could tell I would definitely find some.

I made my way through a large steel door and found myself in some form of control room. In front of me were a series of monitors, most of which just had a flashing 'WARNING!' Sign plastered across it, going in cinque with the sirens.

Some of the screens though showed different areas within this facility from the perspective of other cameras. I stopped and took a moment to glance at some of the screens. At first there was nothing but blank hallway, however one monitor in particular caught my attention.

At first all seemed normal until after a few second, Jake and Sherry both ran into the shot, on another screen, Chris and Piers could be seen doing the same. I folded my arms and grinned saying "Well, glad you're already free, saves me one job. Now, it's just a matter of finding you."

My train of thought was cut off when I suddenly had to dodge automatic gunfire. Turning to its source, I saw about four soldiers stood at the entrance to another door, guns all aimed at me and already opening fire.

I easily dodged the bullets before finally countering. First, I dashed forward, palm-thrusting one of the soldiers in the chest, causing him to be knocked back. The second one was met with an elbow to the face that shattered his helmet, I followed with a right hook that easily knocked him down as well, I prevented him from getting back up as I crushed his head.

The third soldier met his end to a well-aimed uppercut that send him upwards. I then did a roundhouse kick that knocked him into a wall before finishing up with another palm-thrust. The fourth one was taken down simply by me drawing my Killer7 and shooting him a point-blank range, as did the first soldier who had managed to get back up and rush me once again.

With all four of them out of the way, I gave the magnum a faint twirl before placing it back in its holster. I glanced at all the bodies for a moment before quickly turning my attention to the door they'd come through.

It was safe to assume that was where I needed to go...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, now there will only be a few chapters left as I'm now wrapping things up. I really hope you enjoy these remaining chapters. I also hope you enjoyed this one as well and as always, thank you for reading.