Chapter 69: Redfield Meets Wesker, the Bracelet's Purpose

Y/N POV

I smirked at the familiar woman as her shocked expression transformed into a fierce glare before grinning and responding "Well well, Claire Redfield, it's been a while hasn't it? I'll admit, I wasn't expecting to see you of all people here."

That's right, the woman in question was none other than Claire Redfield! I hadn't seen or even heard about her since our last encounter on Rockfort Island and in Antarctica. In fact, she was one of the last people I thought I would find in a place like this and from the glare she was giving me, I can tell she also hadn't forgotten our previous encounter either.

Image of Claire Redfield:

Claire instantly aimed a double-barrelled shotgun at me and this caused Pedro to ask in a curious tone "Eh, may seem kind of obvious but do you two know each other?" Claire didn't even take her gun off me as she explained to Gabe and Pedro

"Yes, this is Y/N Wesker, I met him years ago in the Antarctic. He nearly killed me." This alone was enough to spook the two Terrasave members. However she continued "He also happens to be one of the most wanted Bioterrorists in the world however he disappeared two years ago after his brother Albert Wesker was killed in Africa by the BSAA."

Both Gabe and Pedro instantly pulled out weapons as the former spat "You bastard! You lied to us!" I ignored them though I kept grinning at Claire. However you could see the veins throbbing on my head with anger.

"You know Claire, Albert could have easily killed you in Antarctica. However I stopped him, hell, I could have killed you when we last me, yet I didn't. As much as it pains me to admit it Claire, we aren't enemies this time."

Claire snapped in response "Cut the crap Y/N! Why are you here?!" To this, I simply held up my bracelet which was very much active, this caused Claire to slightly lower her shotgun before saying "A bracelet? You have one as well?"

I nodded and said "I was approached by a group of soldiers. At first I thought it was just your brother's cronies." I paused a bit, savouring the angered look on her face before continuing "Though when I was knocked out, I found myself on this island. It seems we're in the same boat this time."

By this point both Pedro and Gabe had lowered their weapons as I looked over Claire's shoulder and saw another girl with her, she had short hair and wore pretty casual clothing. She also held a flashlight, I addressed her by asking "And who would you be miss?"

The girl stepped forward before stating in a confident tone "The name's Moira Burton and you don't scare me!" It was at this point that something clicked, the fact that her surname was Burton and she seemed familiar indicated that she may be related to a certain someone.

Image of Moira Burton:

I asked "Say, Miss Moira, you wouldn't happen to be related to a man named Barry, would you?" I noticed a look of distaste cross her face as she answered "Yes, he's my Dad

I asked "Say, Miss Moira, you wouldn't happen to be related to a man named Barry, would you?" I noticed a look of distaste cross her face as she answered "Yes, he's my Dad." And at this my eyes widened slightly.

Thinking back to the incident at the mansion years ago, I remembered Albert telling me he had blackmailed Barry into following his orders by threatening the lives of his wife and two daughters, Moira must have been one of those daughters!

I was caught of guard by this a bit as I suddenly felt guilty though I didn't fully understand why. Possibly for my actions at the mansion, though I was unsure. Nevertheless, I tried to be polite and said "Well, nice to finally meet you Moira, I was acquainted with your father years ago, how is he?"

Before she could answer Claire aggressively asked me "Do you know who brought us here Y/N?!" I grinned and replied "As a matter of fact, I do. However before I tell you, I want you all to promise me something." Claire eyed me suspiciously before asking "And what would that be?"

I stepped forwards "It is clear we seem to be in the same situation here, I don't care if we work together or not, but I want you to not interfere. I am planning to find out why I'm here and then get out, after this, we are square and we will never have to meet again, sound good?"

Claire thought about my offer before sighing reluctantly and saying "Fine, now tell us who this Overseer is." Just as I was about to speak though, our bracelets all let out that familiar screeching noise before we heard Alex's voice again saying "Welcome to the brink of true fear."

Claire spat "The Overseer, what do you want?" Alex stated "I need to throw you at the wall and see who sticks and who doesn't. The wall in this case is a special virus that I injected into each of you." 

At this, I growled in anger as Gabe yelled "You what?!" Alex simply said "We will all die, there's no question of that. But one of you still has a chance of dying well." With that, she signed off again. I remained motionless, this announcement only brought about another question I would ask Alex later on.

What was this virus she had infected me with? What did it do?! And most importantly, why did she bring ME here?!

Gabe commented "I'm no lab rat. She can stick it up her all-seeing ass." Claire appeared to think "But if we've been infected with something-" Moira added a question "That bitch stuck a needle in me?" Gabe reassured everyone "Just put it out of your head, Redfield, walk with me."

I reassured them "I'll stay behind and see if I can continued Pedro's analysis of the bracelets." Claire just nodded, the fact that I was also infected with this virus must have been some added incentive for her to partially trust me.

Timeskip...

I analysed the bracelet for some time I found nothing of any importance, it all seemed linked , I don't know where Pedro, Gabe, Claire and Moira went however I was abruptly interrupted by a loud alarm sounding over the top of the Wossek! I placed the bracelet down before muttering Angrily "What's happening now. This place is crazy."

Claire POV

As I raced back to the bar, a single thought ran through my head. I realized I never got to ask Y/N about the Overseer's identity, it was obvious he knew who she was and the fact that he was also seemingly infected as well meant that they weren't working together.

The only conclusion I could come to was that him finding out the Overseer's identity had caused her to target him. What I didn't expect was the shocking truth regarding the reality of their connection...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you enjoyed it. I don't know if I'll be able to upload tomorrow purely because I will be really busy so I don't know how long I'll be, I will try to write if I can though and as always, thank you for reading.