Fall by the wayside

Things are settling for Raya and they both tried to adjust to this new place and spend quality time. Raya has got a simple lifestyle away from the big city, Ram was doing morning and evening walks with Joe and got simple homemade food and learning some household work to help Priya and Tarun.

One afternoon, Mr Khanna met Ram and Priya in the back garden while arranging the garden furniture with Tarun. 

Mr Khanna introduced himself upfront and they shared small talk. Mr Khanna is a very nice person and gave some tips about this area.

Ram asked him to join him for drinks and they spent some time together playing chess and drinking.

Ram: are you local?

Mr Khanna: Yes, this is my family house and I was brought up here. 

Ram: alone here?

Mr Khanna: My wife is out of town to attend a marriage function and will be back soon. She won't allow me to drink much.

Ram: I can't give you more without your wife's permission.

Mr Kanna: If we need peace in the house then there is only one golden rule, a husband needs to say sorry to his wife and nod his head for everything. universal rule 

Ram (with a wicked smile): Agreed. I've no chance to win any arguments because Ms Sood is the school debate champion. The time will come when I'll apologise for breathing in the air as I'm contributing to global warming.

Mr Khanna: Beti Priya, I guess your taunt is firing back towards you now. Be ready to fight back

Mr Khanna and Ram had small talk while caressing Joe. Priya remained silent after hearing Ram's sarcastic comment and kept herself busy with other work.

Mr Khanna: I can accompany you on the evening walk and will have some exercise.

Ram: you're more than welcome

Mr Khanna accompanied Ram on an evening walk and Priya continued writing her book. They both found a new way to spend their spare time. 

One day, Ram was quite off from morning and avoided speaking with anyone. Priya wasn't sure about his sudden mood change. Tarun told Priya that today is Shivina's bday and Ram sir always celebrated this day grand way. I'm sure he is missing her a lot.

In Delhi, Shivi, Akki including Ram's friends and Shubham waiting for Ram and Priya to come and surprise them. But they didn't turn up rather Ram's gift arrived there.

Shivi knew that Ram Bhai can't forget her bday and may not join this year but he will come back one day. Ram's friends were disappointed as they missed the opportunity to see Ram again.

Priya baked Shivi's fav cake in the afternoon and called Ram to celebrate Shivi's bday. Ram couldn't ask more and cut the cake and celebrate it among them as it was one of the best days for Ram. After this, he felt relieved and light-hearted too.

Ram: thanks Priya for your wishful thoughts for this day. I owe you, should get a gift for you

Priya: I want something but not sure if you will be ok with it.

Ram: tell me, please

Priya: Can I arrange a get-together with our friends and family here?

Ram: why here? if you want we can arrange somewhere else

Priya: don't you miss your friends?

Ram: I do but I want to avoid some people in my life. It will be unfair to invite selective ones only. I don't like this idea.