Day Of Reckoning

On a bright day, Tarun and Priya were planting flowers in their garden and Ram was busy on his laptop and saw Mr Khanna in their backyard.

Mr Khanna: How are you, Mr Kapoor?

Ram: I'm doing good. how's your health?

Mr Khanna: Much better. Thanks to you and Priya. 

Ram: nothing exceptional, anyone would have done the same that day

Mr Khanna invited Priya and Ram for dinner and they reluctantly accepted it. Priya decided to prepare some food items to share tonight. 

Mr and Mrs Khanna both greeted them in their house and Priya handover the gifts to Mr and Mrs Khanna.

Mr Khanna opened the wine and praised Ram's choice. It was a perfect complement to their food tonight.

Ram: Mr Khanna, the next dinner will be at our house after you recover completely. 

Mr Khanna: Sure, anyway I missed our chess game and evening walk.

Ram: Mr Khanna, soon you will on your feet and we'll be back to our daily routine. Till then take some rest. I can download the games on your phone if you want. 

Mr Khanna: Oh, that would be great

It was a kind of drinking, playing chess along with small talk between neighbours with some good food tonight.

Mr Khanna: do you have any family other than Priya?

Ram: No, I don't have any family or anyone. My mom died when I was 8yr and my dad died 16 yrs ago. so I don't have any family. It's better to stay alone and live your life as you want.

Mr Khanna: why are you taking a dog walk in the late evening? It's not safe and there are some wild animals/wolves in the forest. They might attack and harm you. Just wanted to let you know as you're new here.

Ram: I'm not afraid of any wild animal, I'm afraid of humans. People can hurt you more than any animal. They can hurt you which may not be visible from the outside always.

Mr Khanna: Somewhat you're right. As per my experience, humans are more dangerous creatures than any other animal.

Ram gave a small smile and they continued their game.

Mr Khanna: Mr Kapoor, what do you want from your life?

Ram: Life is so unpredictable, sadness comes when it is not welcomed and happiness comes when it is least expected. 

I've learned from my past, don't expect anything from your journey. You must travel no matter if it is not pretty and comfortable.

Mr Khanna: Absolutely right

Ram: I would like to move to a place where I can get eternal peace in my life. But for now, I'm looking for the right opportunity to invest

Mr Khanna: This is a small peaceful city but still there are a lot of scopes other than tourism.

Mrs Khanna: Food is ready

They all joined for dinner and Ram and Priya came back home after some time. Ram went to the study room to finish his work while Priya continued her writing, she had a smile on her face after a long time because they had a nice time together.

One next day, Ram called the agent about the travel documents.

Ram: any update? I can't stay here longer, need to leave this place sooner with my family. Otherwise, I'll find someone else who knows his job better.

Agent: Sorry but it's not in my hand, probably another 3-4 weeks. I'll contact you if there is any issue with your application. Please send me the identity proof papers by someone.