Chapter 15

The next day team A has a lunch meeting about their progress on the Dendra project.

Wendy connects her laptop to the projector. She looks at Tweek for the signal to start but he's just staring into space.

"Tweek? Is everything okay? You seem out of it."

"I'm fine... just have a lot on my mind with this mission..."

"I guess you're a bit overwhelmed."

"Yeah..."

Craig puts down a bottle of water he was drinking, "No he isn't. He's scared. Really scared."

Wendy turns to Craig, "How do you know?"

"He's surrounded in grey."

Tweek looks up at Craig, "I hate how you can read my emotions."

"Sorry."

"It's fine..." Tweek puts his head down on the table.

Wendy continues, "What are you scared of? Is something wrong with the plan?"

"No... I just got a not-so-peppy pep talk from Cartman yesterday."

"Again? You need to talk to Timothy about that. He bullies you too much."

"I can't. We don't need more bad blood within the company. We are all supposed to be fighting for the same thing. I'll get over it."

"What did he say?" Craig asks.

Wendy puts her arms in an X, telling Craig to stop trying to push further.

"He told me I'll probably end up getting you killed like I did with Jimmy."

Wendy looks surprised.

Tweek rubs his forehead, "Let's just get started."

Wendy clears her throat and begins her presentation of what she and Stan had planned out.

Once the meeting is over Wendy catches Craig before he leaves.

"Craig! Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"Did you do something to Tweek? He never tells us the details of his interactions with Eric. He always gets mad when we ask, or he freaks out. But when you asked he calmly answered."

"My power. I used it to calm him down a bit. He knows I do it and he doesn't seem to hate it. I think it helps him."

"Interesting... You can stabilize him... his emotions haven't been regulated since the incident, I think this is a good sign. You might be able to help him."

"Maybe. I still don't know exactly what I'm doing."

"Would you mind taking an assessment for me? You would just need to wear a brain wave scanner while using your power. If I can find out what part of your brain works while you use it we can really make the most of your power."

"I guess I could do that."

"Cool. Come see me after your morning training tomorrow and I can set it up for you."

"Okay."