four

Kisses are what I wake up to this morning. Kisses all over my face, everywhere but my lips. Kisses from my favorite pair of lips.

It's a nice surprise. Normally, I'm the one awake first who tends to kiss her face until she awakes. Not this time.

This time, I'm the one being pampered with love and affection. Being taken care of, something I know my girlfriend loves to do for me.

It takes a few minutes of stirring around and mumbling incoherent groans and whimpers but I do open my eyes. Slowly.

To see that we're still downstairs on the couch. We must've both fell asleep down here last night before everyone else got home.

"Morning baby girl," finally, after those sweet words, my lips are taken in a kiss that wakes me up, "How'd you sleep last night?"

Shrugging my shoulders, my response is, "Fine, I guess."

Another gentle kiss to my lips, just because. I keep my eyes closed this time when we pull away. "You actually look well-rested."

My lips curve into a small smile as I pull her in closer to me, holding her body like she's my own little teddy bear.

"I saw the text your brother sent you," those words make my eyes shoot open, "He really wants to meet me, and see you."

"Yeah, I know," I yawn, stretching out my arms before letting them lazily fall to her thick ass, "But you're not meeting them."

Instead of the relaxed smile on her face, it's a frowny pout. "Why not?"

"Because I said so," I sternly say, "Sorry, babe."

"River, I'm gonna have to meet your parents, at least. I have to. That's just how this dating thing works."

"Whatever," I change the topic with a roll of my eyes, "Just come closer, mama."

"No, you're not gonna distract me by calling me that," she easily picks up on what I'm trying to do, "Not this time."

A defeated sigh leaves my mouth. "Fine, but there's no way you're meeting them any time soon."

Sabrina rolls her eyes now. "You have to at least tell me why."

"Because they don't know who you are, ok?! They don't know you're this big celebrity with millions of dollars and billions of fans!"

She doesn't seem as mad as I thought she would be. "Wha-- where did they think we went for a month? If this don't know I was touring."

"I told them we went on a vacation," I mumble, just barely even loud enough for her to hear 

"And you were gonna say that again when the Detour starts?"

"That's what I'm gonna do." I state confidently

But I'm immediately shut down. "No, you're not. You're telling them who I am, and I'm gonna meet them."

I end up just staring into her eyes. Frowning and pouting and trying to do anything I can to get her to drop it.

She doesn't though. "River, you have to."

It's easy to see when she's passionate about something. Like right now, she's passionate about meeting my family. For whatever reason.