seven

"River, don't fucking walk away from me! We have to talk about this, whether you like it or not, you hear me?!"

Of course, I hear her. I do chose not to listen though, but I do hear her. That's really a dumb question for her to yell at me right now.

Anything is dumb to yell at me though. Fighting with me is something nobody wants to do. I will win. Every damn time.

Especially when it's this we're fighting over. This bitch is still trying to get me to see a fucking doctor for my problems, nightmares and shit.

Which is so fucking stupid. A doctor can't help me until he goes through the same shit I did. The only one who can really help me is me.

Maybe a little of Sabrina. Not this Sabrina though. "Why can't we just talk about this?! I just want to help you!"

Not looking back at her, I head for the door to leave her room. But she's suddenly standing between me and the exit.

"Move." I only mumble out the simple word. My eyes glare down in to hers and I hope that she can see how serious I'm being.

"You can't avoid this conversation anymore, River," she softens up instantly at how close we are, her hands on my forearms.

"You're acting like I didn't just have a fucking nightmare," I roll my eyes, "I'm not in the right headspace to talk about this right now."

That's a partial lie, I guess. It's true that I don't have a very good state of mind right now but it's not like I ever will.

She doesn't have to know that though. I'll allow her to keep thinking that I'll be willing to talk about it at some point until she forgets.

"I-I'm sorry," she stutters, looking down between us. She feels bad now. It's easy to tell by the look on her face.

And as upset as I am right now, I don't want her to feel bad. "Hey, it's ok, just-- let's forget about it, ok?"

Sabrina sighs and looks up at me. I can see that she's frustrated. Not so much angry, but extremely frustrated. "Come here."

And though she's this frustrated, she still has the heart to be so sweet and loving toward me. One of the things I love most about her.

"The last thing I want to do is fight with you," voice is no louder than a soft whisper only I can hear, "Or make you feel worse."

I'm pretty tense right now. As I've been since I woke up terrified and shaking, sobbing into my girlfriends chest. But I relax in her arms.

The power of love, I guess. "I know."

"How about we have a nice bubble bath together? Think that might help you feel a little better?" Sabrina tucks my hair behind my ear

Something I admire about her so much is how she truly just wants to love. Always all love with her. Even after a fight like the one we had.

This beauty is made up of love. And talent. "I'd like that. And will you sing to me? Your voice makes me so calm."

Not gonna lie, I turn into a giggling mess when her adorably cute response is, "Anything you want, love."

God, I'm so whipped by this girl.

•••

"You're beautiful. Your body is beautiful." I'm trying to put clothes on my naked body but I'm interrupted. In the best way possible.

Arms sliding around my waist from behind, and my eyes see her smaller frame standing behind me in the mirror. "Stop staring at my boobs."