forty

"The way you drive is so cute," how is that even possible? To drive cutely. It's literally just driving. "I love you so much, Princess."

All I've heard is compliments since yesterday. That's not a complaint. It's just a lot to take in. I'm being treated like an actual princess today.

It's great, really. Makes the three-hour-drive to this vacation lake house a whole lot less boring, too.

Yes, three fucking hours. This house better be so cool. I'm sure it will be, though. I saw a few pictures that Sabrina showed me. Pretty nice.

Don't understand why they need a pool in the backyard if there's a lake you can swim in right in front of the damn house, though.

"How can someone drive cutely?" I question as I look down into her blue eyes that the sunlight is hitting in just the right way.

"I don't know," she giggles, hand on my thigh as always, "Like the way you have your leg up and how relaxed you look. It's hot."

The only way I would think to respond is giving a sweet kiss on her cute little cheek and so I do. Making her giggle even more.

That giggle is my favorite sound in the world. I mean, all girls are cute but this girl takes it to a whole other level. Should be illegal.

I'm gonna make sure I hear that giggle as much as possible this week we have together because we're both gonna have the best time.

Gonna be a great five days. That's for sure.

•••

It was about eight-thirty when we left my girlfriends house so by the time we get into the area of the lake, it's near noon.

And normally, I hate driving for this long of a time, but it was so much fun this time. I enjoyed it.

So did Sabrina. This girl sang along to almost every song on the radio and then we both freaked out when Why came on. It was cute.

We're both glad to be out of the car and get our legs moving, though. At some little grocery store thing by the little town the house is in.

Kinda dumpy grocery store but I don't care. I've seen much worse and who am I to judge? As long as they don't poison the groceries.

"Good thing about this area is that it's all older people so they probably won't ask me for pictures a lot," Sabrina states as we get out of the car.

We still get some stares, though. Old white couples look at us like we're very much out of place because we are.

This town is literally made for old white people. There's a little breakfast place down the street from the store, a cemetery and post office.

All old people shit. This definitely isn't a party lake. More like a relaxing old people lake where they spend time with their grandkids.

"They seem like the type of old white people that still think I'm your fucking slave. I don't like it here." my hand finds hers very quick.

"Come on," she laces our fingers together while getting us a little shopping cart and heading into the store, "I got you, babe."