sixteen

"Are you sure you have to go?" I sound like a needy and way too clingy little bitch as I whine out to her. My arms holding her so close.

"I do," Sabrina doesn't mind though. In fact, it's pretty obvious by the smug grin that is plastered on her lips that she likes it.

A deep sigh leaves my lips, leaning against the wall. And of course, I pull her shorter body in even closer with no intent of letting go.

Sabrina giggles sweetly, sliding her arms around my waist and nuzzling her head in my chest. "Time will go by fast, Princess. Don't worry."

Today is gonna go by anything but fast. It's gonna feel like forever with me having to go back to my actually house.

My music-making queen has to be in the studio for most the day then she has to go to tour rehearsals. So, I'm alone.

And I sure as hell ain't staying here. As much as I do like Sarah, I'm not risking getting anything said to me by Shannon when Sabrina isn't here.

"Plus you need to see your family too," her voice brings me out of my thoughts, "But no smoking, ok? You need to pick me up after."

"If I do a little in the morning I'll be fine by the time I have to pick you up, Brina, don't worry about that," I thread my fingers all through her hair

"River, I worry about you," Sabrina sighs, "That's what I do."

Sabrina then grins up at me, her hands cupping my face. "Listen, time will go by fast and before you know it, I'll be fucking you so good, baby."

Let's hope she's right. Because I really can't wait for tonight.

•••

"Yo, yo, yo," the door to my house swings open to reveal me, "I'm back!"

There's no one. Just an un-excited Cole laying upside down on the couch, eyes locked on the TV he's playing his Xbox on.

All I get is little mumble for a hello. Not even a smile or a glance. And thank god for that.

You all know how much I hate faking social shit so having to be all fake with my family is something I don't want to do. And don't have to.

"Where's your hot as hell girlfriend?" Cole has that little mini fuckboy smirk on his face and I just laugh.

"Hey! Don't call anyone else hot!" Some girl yells. And instantly, I'm in protective older sister mode. A frown on my face.

When I look behind me, over my shoulder, I see some little white girl. Such a basic little white girl too. "Uhhh, Cole, who's she?"

"My girlfriend," he doesn't seem too thrilled to tell me about his first girlfriend, or at least as thrilled as I thought he'd be.

"Sick, dude," I grin, nudging him slightly but he doesn't even smile in the slightly so I turn to the girl, "I'm River. His older sister."

"My names Emma." she grins to revel braces with pink coloring in them. I can't lie and say little kids aren't that cute though.

But what I notice first is her t-shirt. Not just any t-shirt. It's a t-shirt from my girls merch. The black and white one with her face on it, you know.