thirty-eight

For the first time in like three months, I wake up in my happiest place. Sabrina's bedroom.

All wrapped up in her arms as she's in a deep-sleep still. We're both in hoodies and comfy clothes. It's soft. Really soft.

And her sleeping right now. It's so cute. The most relaxed she's been since the detour started.

There's no way I could wake her up from this, even if it is almost noon. Too late to be sleeping, at least for me.

My lips kiss her cheek so gently. But I let them linger for a little bit just to take in how adorable she is right now.

Then I'm carefully tiptoeing out of the room and into the bathroom. My smile gets even bigger when I look in the mirror.

Straight hair. Finally. I made Sabrina do it last night at like two in the morning when we got in. Totally worth it.

It doesn't take too long for me to brush my teeth and wash my face. Quickly do that shit and get it over with.

For whatever reason, I hate taking care of myself. Got something to do with depression, I think.

But I hate it. I hate showering and washing my face and all that shit. Certain things really bug me and doing that is one of them.

I do it anyway. Because I know I have to. My girlfriend is helping me learn that and get in the routine of doing it, too.

I'm happy when I'm finally done and I can quietly leave the bedroom. After placing another kiss on Sabrina's freckled face.

"Good morning, River," I'm greeted by Beth the second I make my way down the stairs, "At least, you're up for breakfast."

On the table is a big breakfast. Bacon and eggs and waffles and pancakes and a whole bunch of fruit. Half of which, Sabrina is probably allergic to.

And yet I'm the only down here. Along with David, of course. "Yeah, Sarah and Sabrina are really tired,"

"I bet," David nods his head, "How did you like being on tour with her?"

"It was cool, you know," I take a seat at the table and start to eat, "Ummm, I didn't really like the bus but it was fine."

"Was it hard for your anxiety?" Beth asks curiously and I just nod, mouth full of food.

I'm actually really comfortable with her family so being alone with just them isn't that bad. I don't mind it, even.

This is one of the very first times I have had this much support from a girlfriends family. It's like they're my family too. I like that.

"What did you guys do all alone here?" I knew the second I asked that, I would regret it.

And I defiantly did. "We banged, as the kids would say."

All I can do is laugh, though. At David's smug smirk and Beth's very embarrassed face. It's so fucking funny. And gross.

During the scolding David gets from his wife, a creature walks down the stairs. Sarah.

With her bedhead and exhausted expression, bitch doesn't look too good. But somehow, it's in a cute way.

"Yikes," David breathes out and I laugh even harder than I already am, "If you look like that, I'd hate to see what Sabrina looks like."

"Don't be fucking rude." Sarah frowns back at him.

"Hey, watch your language." Being the good mom she is, Beth ain't gonna let that slide. It's a lot different from my mom but cool.