thirty-three

Once again, I couldn't sleep. This is the second sleepless night for me in a row and I'm definitely feeling why sleep is important now.

Instead of tossing and turning and bothering Sabrina who's in a deep sleep, I decided to come out to the living room part of the bus. Just sit alone.

Looking out the window of the bus at the five am sky. We're not moving now, parked in some lot or something. It's nice to look at.

Kinda wanna go out and smoke but I feel like it's still a little too early. I'll at least wait until Sabrina's awake. Maybe.

Yeah, no. I need some good weed right now and nothing's really stopping me so who gives a fuck?

I end up outside a few minutes later after I got everything ready. Lighting up the blunt I just rolled inside.

And not even five minutes into it, the door behind me opens. Out walks a very tired-looking Sabrina. Still fucking beautiful, though.

"Why aren't you in bed, baby?" her voice is all scratchy and cute like it always is when she first wakes up. I love it.

After blowing out the smoke in the other direction, I turn my head to look down at her and see her cute little self.

In a pair of her new black joggers and one of my extra baggy hoodies that is even more baggy on her. Hood up and everything.

"Couldn't sleep," I cough a little but am fine seconds later.

"Tell me next time. I can help you." Sabrina comes in closer and laces her hand into mine.

"It wasn't a nightmare or anything," I blow out some more smoke, "Just couldn't fall asleep again. You couldn't help that."

We start to lazily walk around the empty parking lot together. Neither of us saying much because how tired we both are.

It's a nice, morning though. I like it. Quiet and smoking weed is always good to help you feel better, too.

The sky is really pretty right now, too. It's sorta pink-ish. Or maybe I'm just already really stoned.

"I saw your phone, by the way," she breaks the silence, "Carter and Waverley are still texting so much, huh?"

"Yep," another cloud of smoke leaves my lips, "I'm done with it."

Sabrina is hesitant, but her curiosity overpowers. "I know the story with Carter and all that but what made Waverley different?"

I'm not the type of person who would hide anything from any of my girlfriends so I tell her. No harm in that, especially since she asked.

"Well, she's the only girl that I broke up with," I admit, "And I don't really know why she was special to me, but she was."

"Why'd you break up with her?" she asks, eyes not leaving mine for even a second and I didn't even noticed we stopped walking.

"Because I was too in love with Carter to be with anyone else," I sigh just from saying those goddamn words. I hate it. "And guess what?"

"What?" Sabrina seems very intrigued right now.

"Carter cheated on me with Waverley." It hurts a lot to just relive and think back to how much pain I felt because of that.