seventy-six

Today is one for the record books. It was the first day, that I can remember, that I woke up after my girlfriend. I actually slept in.

I'm not sure if it counts as sleeping in because I fell asleep late but my eyes don't flutter open until ten am. I'm usually up by six. This is weird.

I do see the appeal, though. If my mind wasn't literal hell and I didn't have nightmares then sleeping would be great. I'd do it all the time.

And being woken up by kisses instead of being the one who wakes the other up is a such a good feeling. It's the best way to start off the day.

It's not just kisses from Sabrina that I'm getting. I've got a dog, all excited and happy that I'm awake, too.

"Good morning, gorgeous," she whispers in my ear, "Look, I made you breakfast in bed and almost died but I'm good now."

A frown, a sleepy frown, takes over my face as I stretch out my long limbs and settle back into the comfy bed. "What?"

Sabrina chuckles and being the sweetheart she is, helps me sit up so she can hand me a smoothie. "I almost ate a peach by accident."

I've never heard of someone eating something they're deathly allergic to by accident before. First time for everything.

"You w-weird," our lips connect and make my words all mumbled but she still hears what I say, judging by her little giggle. "Thank y-y-you."

"Anything for my princess," I'm given yet another kiss. One on my forehead this time that makes me giggle. "It's an ''I'm proud of you'' smoothie."

I've never gotten one of those before. I ain't done too many things to be proud of but now, I guess there must be something.

Sabrina doesn't hesitate to let me know, either. "You did so good with everything at Doctor Parker's office yesterday. I'm so proud of you."

Yeah, that. It was yesterday that I had to see the doctor again and it went actually really good. I think I'm getting help now.

"This year is gonna be your year, baby." Oh, yeah, and it's new year's eve. It gonna be a fun day today but if only we could actually have fun.

I wanted to get the best lap dance ever but instead, we gotta spend it with my little brothers because my parents leave for the cruise today. Fun.

•••

"The vision I'm going for is really sexy. I want to be laying in bed with a bunch of hot girls all over me and they're in just their bras and-- but I love women and don't want them objectify them but— you know,"

"D-Don't l-listen to her," I make sure my voice is heard by the director my girlfriend is on the phone with for her newest music video.

"Oh, I have no idea who that is. It's just some crazy fan. Yeah, don't listen to her and start casting the girls." is her response, lips curved into a smirk.

I can't even pretend to be upset by that anymore. It's actually a proud moment for me because of how comfortable she is with being gay now.

Instead, I wrap my arms around her waist from behind. And kiss all over the side of her face that isn't covered by the phone.