thirty-nine

"You can play with my boobs all you want but I'm still not going. I have officially made up my mind, Sabrina."

"What if," she starts while her lips begin to kiss down my stomach and eyes look up into mine, "What if I went lower? And lower? And-- "

Wish my breath didn't hitch in my chest. Just gives her satisfaction because she thinks it's actually gonna work. It won't.

There's no way that I'm seeing a doctor. Can't believe I was stupid enough to let myself agree to it. That's over now. I'm smart now.

And I know seeing a doctor won't help me one bit. If anything, it'll make me feel even worse. Why should I waste my time?

Of course, a soft moan of mine fills the room when she bites at my inner thigh like she always does. I hate that but I love it even more.

"If I kiss you right here," she mumbles quietly but loud enough for me to hear her, "In the spot I know you love-- "

Nope. Not today. Not being bribed by her seductiveness. There's no way I'm seeing that doctor and that's that.

No matter how bad I want what she's offering. "No, I'm not."

"River, stop this. You are." Sabrina's serious now. I can tell because she doesn't kiss my body when she crawls back up to my face.

"No, Sabrina, I'm not," I tell her and turn my body under the covers. Making sure that my back is to her.

"For thirty minutes. That's all. Please?" she begs. And I know how bad she wants me to go and that makes it hard for me to say no.

But I do. And I don't feel bad about it. "No. Sorry."

Looks like she's at a loss. Not knowing what to do or how to react. For just a few minutes.

Then, I'm pulled up onto my feet. Off the bed. Standing naked in front of her which isn't much a change. Happens a lot.

"Get dressed." she's strict now. Meaning exactly what she's saying. I hate it when she's like this.

"I thought you like me better naked?" I tease her in hopes that I can distract her with my sexiness now.

"No, I like you when you're happy. And going to this doctor will help you feel like that all the time. Get. Dressed."

Damn. This bitch really ain't playing. "Fuck you."

Sabrina raises an eyebrow. In that way. Scary fucking way. "Don't talk to me like that. I told you to get dressed so listen to me."

There's no way I can not obey this. The way she's looking at me and being so serious about this. Holy shit.

Thirty minutes. That's all. And I don't have to tell her a damn thing.

•••

I was so dead set on not going when I woke up this morning. I woke up and told myself that there's no way I would see this doctor.

Yet here I am. Here the fuck I am. Sitting between my mom and my girlfriend in some uncomfortable waiting room chairs.

Arms crossed against my chest, and a frown on my face. I haven't said a word since I was forced into the damn car and I don't intend to.