fifteen

No nightmare. No bad thoughts. None of that. I almost had a, dare I say, peaceful sleep last night.

Almost. Until I woke up and remembered what I'm doing today. I shouldn't be upset because I mean, I did agree to it. Don't know why.

Oh yeah, because I'm so in love. Too in love. I'm whipped. So whipped that I'm actually going out with my girlfriends friends.

Actively seeking out social interaction. That's how whipped I am. I'd never do this for any of my past girlfriends. She's changing me.

"I'm so proud of you, love bug," her voice whispers against my skin while her lips kiss my forehead, "I really am."

"Usted debería ser." It's much safer for me to say it in spanish than in the language she can actually understand.

Really don't need to be dealing with a sad Sabrina right now. As cute as sad Sabrina is, she's a lot of work sometimes.

It's best to just have her smile down at me, giggling as she probably thinks I said a very cute remark back to her and not a sassy one.

In fact, I'm even given a quick peck on the lips. "They're very excited to see you, and give you a big hug."

"Don't like hugs." I say simply. Even though that's a lie. Well, a half-lie. I do like hugs if they're from people I want to hug.

Not these people. Not Corey, and defiantly not Rowan. I do not want to even see them, let alone hug them.

Sabrina only playfully rolls her eyes for a response. "Listen, if you're nice to them, I'll fuck you real good tonight."

"Yeah? How good you talkin'?" I raise an eyebrow, closely observing the blush that grows on her cheeks just from talking about this.

"Like maybe I'll let you wear the strap on good," she leans down to whisper in my ear in the most seductive voice she has.

"Damn." I breathe out in a laugh. A breathless laugh. Hearing her talk like this is and will always be a huge turn on for me.

"No, I'm kidding. I'm wearing it. But it'll be good, ok?" I had a feeling that offer was way too good to be true.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited still. "At least three orgasms and you got a deal."

A proud laugh leaves her lips. "I can give you like five. And you know that. Remember when I called you ''baby girl'' for the first time and you immediately came all over my hand?"

And now I'm the one all flustered. Covering my face with my hands and laughing at that embarrassing moment. "Shut up."

I'm smothered in kisses following that. And I can't help but think that this is one of the best mornings we have had together.

•••

"What do you think they're talking about?" I'm pretty nervous when I don't know what's going on. I like to know everything.

Just imagine what's going through my anxiety-filled head when my girlfriend was asked to talk by Shannon. Without me. In the backyard.

While I'm helplessly laying on the couch, my feet in Sarah's lap while she hopefully will calm me down.

Don't think it'll work, though. "Doesn't matter, River. Whatever Shannon says is irrelevant to Sabrina. Trust me."