leave

"Just fucking leave then!" Shawn, my boyfriend, yelled. I stared at him blankly.

Without saying another word to the man I once loved, I headed for the door and swiftly exited his house, slamming the door behind me. Once I'd reached my car that awaited me in the driveway, I drove 2 minutes down the road and stopped. The tears began to flood down my cheeks. I rested my head on the steering wheel and sobbed hysterically.

I'd never seen Shawn so angry. He was never the type of person to yell or argue. He was always so chill. But something seemed to have changed over the past few weeks. I don't know what it was, but he was different.

He didn't seem as interested in me. He wasn't texting me as much. He didn't invite me over as much. He didn't pay me as much attention.

I guess today he finally snapped. He finally decided he had enough of me, and it was killing me. I don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Suddenly I heard a tap on my window, snapping me out of my state. I rolled down the window, furiously wiped my eyes and turned my head to be met with the bloodshot eyes of Shawn. His face held an expression of sadness and all I wanted to do was reach out and kiss him, but I knew I couldn't. Not right now.

We stared at each other for a few moments in complete silence. Neither of us knew what to say or do. Why did he even come back when he kicked me out?

"Shawn-" I went to speak but was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. The familiar feeling of his lips against mine sent electricity through my body.

He slowly pulled away and we locked eyes once again. He gave me a weak smile.

"I didn't mean what I said." Shawn explained. "I regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth. I don't want you to leave me. Ever. I don't know what I'd do without you."

I smiled up at him and placed my lips gently on his for a brief second.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too."

~~

ugh idk how people forgive people this quick. pretty annoying.