6 months

I crashed into a tall frame. My eyes trailed up to meet his. He had the most gorgeous pair of chocolate brown eyes I think I'd ever seen. I scanned every inch of his face and I noticed how flawless he was. His curly hair was messy and he looked slightly flustered.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He apologised.

I shook my head.

"It was my fault." I said.

My breath suddenly became heavy and I felt weak. A flash of concern appeared in the boy's eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

I began to stumble back and the boy grabbed my arms in an attempt to stop me falling. My head spun and I felt as if I was about to pass out.

The boy didn't remove his grip from my arms. He seemed almost afraid to let me go. Afraid that if he let me go, I might break.

I grabbed on to his shoulders for support. His eyes were laced with concern as I continued to pant.

Slowly, I regained my balance. I fell into the boy's arms and he wrapped me in his embrace.

"Thank you," I said, still panting. I paused, waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Shawn." He said.

Shawn. That's a name I could get used to.

Don't get too attached.

"What's your name?" Shawn asked, his voice soft.

"y/n." I mumbled into his chest.

I pulled away from his embrace and took a few steps back. Shawn stared at me, confused.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

I sighed before shaking my head.

"No." I muttered.

"What is it?" He asked, taking a step closer to me. "Can I help?"

I looked up at him, tears forming in my eyes. Shawn tried to reach his arm out to touch my shoulder. I quickly backed away.

"y/n, you can tell me." He said.

"We've just met," I said, "I don't want to tell you all my shit when I'm never going to see you again."

"Who said you'd never see me again?" He questioned.

I sighed, tears forming in my eyes yet again. Shawn stared down at me and he seemed genuinely concerned.

"What's the point in seeing me again when I only have 6 months to live?"

Shawn's eyes widened in shock. They quickly softened as he took a step towards me.

"Well, let's make these 6 months the best of your life."

~~

that last line is so cringe and i hate myself for it holy fuck