new puppy

I picked up the new little puppy and held him close to me. His soft fur tickled my cheek and I couldn't help but smile at how oddly comforting it felt.

Making my way into Shawn's bedroom, I placed the puppy on the floor just outside the door. I hid him from the doorway and swiftly opened Shawn's door before shutting it behind me.

A small smile formed on my lips as I walked over to Shawn. He smiled up at me, placing his phone on his bed beside him. I took a seat next to him, slumping down into his pillows.

"Shawn." I said.

His head turned to face me. He raised eyebrows, urging for me to continue.

"How would you react if I told you I had a really exciting surprise for you?" I questioned.

Shawn's arms slipped around my waist, and he pulled me closer to him. His grip tightened around me as I snuggled into him.

"I would probably be excited." He said, a smirk on his lips.

I giggled before releasing myself from his grip. I flew out his bedroom. Instantly, I noticed the puppy and carefully picked him up. I placed a light kiss on the top of his head before poking my head round the corner.

"You ready?" I asked, staring directly at Shawn.

A wide grin was on my lips and Shawn nodded eagerly.

I emerged from behind the door, revealing the small puppy I held in my arms. Glancing up at Shawn, I noticed his eyes light up. He practically leaped off his bed, bounding towards me. Scooping the puppy from my arms, Shawn stared down at him. His eyes were soft and a bright smile graced his lips.

My heart swelled at his reaction. He was just too cute for me to handle. And Shawn with a puppy? Well, that was next level adorable.

Shawn's eyes wandered up to meet mine.

"Is he mine?" Shawn asked.

I nodded. His eyes lit up once again and he glanced back down at the puppy. I made my way to the side of Shawn, and wrapped my arms around his waist. My head rested on his shoulder as he continued to state lovingly down at his new puppy.

"What are you going to call him?" I asked, softly.

Shawn turned his head to face me before smirking.

"Shawn Junior." He said.

I scrunched my nose in disgust. Rapidly shaking my head, Shawn laughed.

"That's awful." I said.

"You got any better ideas?" He asked.

"y/n junior." I said, smiling innocently.

Shawn laughed and shook his head.

"That's even worse." He said, trying to hide the smile on his face.

I pulled my arms away from him and folded them over my chest. I thought for a moment. What would be a good name for a puppy?

"I have one." Shawn said, seemingly reading my mind.

"Go on." I said.

"John."

"John?"

"John."

"John?"

"We could keep this up all night." Shawn said.

"You really want to name him John?" I questioned in disbelief.

Shawn nodded his head, smiling proudly. I gave him a weird look before glancing down at John in his arms.

I just really can't imagine a puppy as sweet as John being named that. It doesn't seem fitting.

But if that's what Shawn really wants, then I guess it's okay.

~~

it's now 3am and i STILL can't sleep but im going to try now even though im not tired. not that that's important at all lol.