chelsea

Chelsea's small hand wrapped around my own. She dragged me towards a nearby park, giggling excitedly. She climbed up on to a climbing frame and on top of the slide. Sliding down it, she screamed happily, a beaming smile on her face.

She landed at the bottom of the slide and a young boy came running over to her. I couldn't quite see his face, but I couldn't help but feel that he looked familiar. I brushed it off and sat at a bench nearby and watch them giggle together as they ran around the park.

"y/n?" An all too familiar voice called from behind me.

My body froze. I didn't know what to do or how to react. Footsteps neared me. A presence then sat beside me on the bench. I didn't dare move.

Beside me, sat Shawn Mendes: Chelsea's father. However, Shawn didn't know that he was Chelsea's dad. He didn't even know she existed.

We broke up before I had the chance to tell him I was pregnant. We didn't end on bad terms, we just realised that we fell out of love. Still, that didn't stop us from not talking for a year. Well, we haven't talked until now.

"How come you're here?" Shawn questioned.

Before I had the chance to answer, Chelsea and the boy came running over to us. I instantly recognised the boy as Shawn's little brother. I knew he looked familiar.

"Mummy!" Chelsea yelled, throwing herself into my arms.

I smiled at her and glanced over at Shawn. His eyes widened as he stared at Chelsea. His brother, Kyle, climbed into Shawn's lap. However, Shawn's eyes did not leave Chelsea.

"How old is she?" He asked.

Chelsea glanced up at me then buried her head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly against me.

"One in two weeks." I replied.

Shawn froze. The realisation instantly hit him. He knew that Chelsea was his daughter.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Chelsea." I replied.

Chelsea pulled her head back and smiled at me.

"I'm Chelsea." She said, sweetly.

I laughed lightly at her.

"Why don't you go and play with your new friend?" I suggested.

She nodded and grabbed Kyle's hand. They ran back into the park and straight on to the swings. I smiled at how happy she looked.

"You never told me you were pregnant with my baby." Shawn said, quietly.

I shrugged.

"You broke up with me before I had the chance to tell you." I responded. "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to feel like you had to come back to me because we had a baby together."

Shawn sighed. I glanced up at him and noticed how closely he was watching Chelsea.

I hated how hard this must be on him. I felt so guilty for keeping this from him. How could I not tell him he had a daughter?

"I want you to be in her life." I said.

Shawn's head snapped in my direction. A smile grew on his face and his eyes lit up.

"Really?" He asked, his voice laced with disbelief.

"Really." I said, nodding. "She deserves to know who her dad is."

Shawn wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a hug. I laughed lightly and instantly wrapped my arms around him.

Being in his embrace was comforting. I felt safe. Butterflies grew in my stomach and I felt all these feelings I thought I no longer felt come flooding back.

I pulled away, staring up at him.

"I missed you." I mumbled.

"I missed you too." He replied.

I smiled brightly and so did he. Quickly, I shook my head.

"How about you come back to mine so you can get to know your daughter?" I suggested.

"I'd love that."

~~

okay this is kinda cute i actually like it