just a fan

My eyes lit up and the sound of screams echoed throughout the arena, as Shawn stepped on to the stage. I waved at him, desperate to get his attention. However, we didn't lock eyes once, and he didn't fall in love with me.

I watched him in awe as he sung every word flawlessly. His fingers strummed his guitar, creating a beautiful tune and causing me to wonder if I was dreaming or not. I had to pinch myself harshly to reassure myself that this was in fact reality.

I was at a Shawn Mendes concert.

I am in the same room as Shawn Mendes.

I am breathing the same air as Shawn Mendes.

All I want to do is run on that stage, engulf him in a hug, and practically confess my love to him. But I can't do that, because I'll look like a psycho.

Instead, I reach my hand out, praying that he will touch it. If he does, you already know I'm never washing this fucking hand again.

He nears where I am stood. I feel my heart begin to pound rapidly. He grabs the hand of a girl right by me and I can't help the jealousy that over takes me. I stretch my hand out further, screaming at him desperately.

I definitely seem crazy.

To my surprise, I feel his hand in mine. My eyes widen and I feel as if I'm about to cry. I never expected that someone literally holding my hand would make me react this way.

Then he smiles at me.

He fucking smiles at me.

Shawn Mendes is smiling at me.

I'm insane. He's just smiling at me. He smiles at all of his fans. Stop thinking you're special, y/n. You're just a fan to him. Nothing more.

If I was special, he wouldn't have moved right on and done the exact same to the girl beside me.

~~

idk how id react if shawn touched my hand. id probably freeze up and be unable to move for the rest of the concert. idk.