does she know

"you know," talia began, letting herself into my apartment.

"hello, nice to see you too." i mumbled, sarcastically.

"you know, shawn's brilliant in bed. not that you'd know, obviously."

i gave her a confused look, watching as she took a seat on my sofa. she reached into her handbag and pulled out a bright red lipstick, applying it to her lips with two swift motions. she turned her body so that she was facing me. my arms rested on the back of the sofa, my face centimetres from hers.

"and why did i need to know that?" i questioned.

she shrugged, turning to face away from me again. i could sense that something was off.

"shawn and i are going on a date later." she said. "he's taking me to that new, fancy restaurant that just opened in town."

i nodded slowly, unsure of how to respond.

i made my way round the sofa and took a seat beside her. her eyes remained fixed on the blank screen of the tv.

talia seemed on edge. she kept shifting in her seat, trying as hard as she could to avoid eye contact with me. her hands fiddled with the zipper of her handbag.

"are you okay?" i asked, placing a hand on her arm, in an attempt to be comforting.

she snatched her arm away from me, hitting me with an ice cold glare. my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. why was she acting so strange?

"talia, if something is wrong, you know you can tell me." i pushed.

she sighed, her gaze softening.

"i'm just a bit paranoid." she admitted.

"about what?" i asked.

her eyes stared dead into mine, a blank expression on her face. she seemed to be having mood swings every 5 seconds, and it kind of scared me a bit if i'm being honest. i'd never seen her acting this strange before.

"i - i think shawn might be cheating on me." she said.

my heart dropped and my eyes widened in shock. she was scanning every inch of my face, taking in every aspect of my expression.

does she know?

"you would tell me if you knew anything, wouldn't you?" she asked, almost too quickly.

i hesitated before responding.

"of course." i said, giving her a small smile.

she narrowed her eyes at me, before pushing herself up off the sofa. she made her way towards the front door, offering me the fakest smile she could muster before opening her mouth to speak.

"that's all i needed to know."

before i had the chance to form a response, she'd exited my apartment. i sat frozen to the spot for a moment, gobsmacked at what had just happened.

then it hit me. a wave of panic suddenly surged through me. i scrambled for my phone, instantly opening up my texts. i rapidly typed out a message, before hitting send and falling back on to the sofa.

you:
she knows.

shawn:
fuck.

~~

part 2?