forget it

"I just want to forget it ever happened." I sighed, keeping my head down. I couldn't bare to look him in the eyes. I knew that if I did, I would just fall for him all over again.

"But what if I don't want to." He said.

I tilted my head up slightly to lock eyes with him. I shook my head as the tears began to form. Rapidly, I blinked them back. He couldn't know the effect he had on me.

"Well, Shawn. I don't care. I want to forget it. I need to forget it. I have a boyfriend, for fuck sake!" I yelled.

Shawn just stared at me blankly. I huffed in frustration and turned to walk away.

I expected him to grab my wrist and stop me or at least call after me. But I got nothing. He remained in silence, probably in the same spot he was just a second ago.

I stopped just before I reached the classroom door. I glanced over my shoulder. He had gone.

I shook my head as the tears welled in my eyes. One tear escaped and I instantly wiped it away.

Don't cry over him.

He's not worth it.

I entered the class with all eyes on me. I apologised to my teacher as I took a seat beside my best friend Katie. She gave me a concerned look and I just smiled at her weakly.

I looked across the classroom to see Ryan. He was sat in his seat, staring at me. We locked eyes for a split second but I quickly looked away. The feeling of guilt was too overwhelming.

What am I supposed to do? I love someone else that's not him.

~~

and that's the tea