say something

"Well don't just stand there." She groaned, growing more aggravated by the second.

I watched as the once loving couple crumbled before my eyes. Violet watched Shawn, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. All he could do was stand there, silent and emotionless.

"Say something, Shawn!" Violet screamed.

Her friends rushed up to her. One of them placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to pull her away. Violet shoved her arm off and lunged towards Shawn. She began frantically hitting him, but he didn't seem phased at all. His eyes were focused in my direction.

My best friend, Kylie, nudged me in the side. I turned to face her.

"He's staring at you." She said.

I took a deep breath. I knew she was right. I knew the whole reason that the scene currently taking place was happening because of me.

I fucked up their relationship. I never should have met Shawn. But I had no idea we'd end up falling for each other.

"Just look me in the eyes and tell me you love me." Violet said, her voice cracking.

Shawn's eyes dropped to the ground. He took a shaky breath before subtly shaking his head.

"I can't." He muttered.

Tears spilled from Violet's eyes. She covered her tear-stained face with her hands and shook her head frantically.

"And why not?" She said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Violet, don't do this-"

"Answer my fucking question, Shawn!" Violet screamed, removing her hands from her face. "Why can't you tell me you love me?"

"Because I'm in love with y/n!" Shawn yelled back unexpectedly.

The entire room filled with gasps. All eyes landed on me and my mouth dropped open. I glanced over at Kylie who was equally as shocked as me.

Violet glared at me through her tear-drenched eyes. She scoffed and shook her head. Before walking away, she planted a hard slap on Shawn's cheek.

"Don't come crawling back to me when things go to shit with you two." She said bitterly before storming off with her little entourage.

The room fell silent as everyone's eyes darted between Shawn and I. My head dropped to the floor and I just wanted all this to be over.

I never should have got myself into this mess in the first place. I'd destroyed their relationship.

~~

wow these past two days sleep has just not come to me.