i love you

"Shawn." She choked out.

Her boyfriend rushed to her side, immediately cradling her in his arms. Her tear-filled eyes trailed up his body to meet his concerned eyes.

"y/n, what's happening?" Shawn asked.

His voice was low and quiet. A slight hesitancy could be sensed in his tone. It was if he already knew the answer to his question, but didn't want to hear it said out loud. He didn't want his fears to be a reality.

Shawn could see that the y/n he knew and loved so much was quickly fading. He knew that they didn't have much time left.

"It's time." She whispered.

One stray tear rolled down y/n's cheek. Shawn wiped it away with his thumb. He couldn't bare seeing her cry. The mere sight of her broken expression caused his heart to shatter.

"Please, no." Shawn muttered, his voice cracking.

"I love you, Shawn."

"No. Don't leave me. You can't leave me."

Tears were streaming down both Shawn and y/n's faces now. Their eyes held contact. Neither of them wanted to let go, but they knew, deep down, that it was for the best. y/n didn't deserve to suffer. Shawn hated seeing her in so much pain everyday.

The one thought that gave him comfort was that she would happy up there. She would be free from all the torturous pain. She'd be able to live in peace.

But Shawn still didn't know how he could live without her.

"y/n, I want you to know that I love you so much." Shawn said, his voice quiet. "I can't see how I could ever love someone more than you. I know that you'll always have a place in my heart. I'll never forget you. I love you. I love you. I love you."

Shawn placed one final kiss on y/n's forehead. A weak smile formed across her lips when he pulled away.

"I love you too, Shawn." She whispered, her voice barely audible.

The pair laid in silence for a while, Shawn holding on to y/n, never wanting to let her go.

Suddenly, her arms went limp. They fell to her side and her eyes fluttered closed. Her breathing came to a halt and he felt her heart rate slow down to a complete stop.

Shawn's body froze. He stared down at his girlfriend's lifeless body in pure shock. A wave of grief immediately flooded over him. Shawn didn't know what to do, or how to react.

The love of his life was gone.

Forever.

~~

nice and depressing.