captivated

He didn't know what it was about her. Something in the way she moved was so captivating to him. She had a look of sadness behind her drunken state. He could tell she was broken, and even though he didn't know her, it killed him. It killed him to see her in such obvious pain. It killed him to see her attempt to numb this pain with alcohol.

She didn't know why he was staring at her. She didn't know why she was staring at him. The look in his eyes hinted one of curiosity yet sympathy. She wondered if somehow he knew all the unthinkable things her so called boyfriend had been putting her through these past few weeks. She wondered if he could sense her sadness she was trying to desperately to hide.

The pairs' gaze lingered on each other, neither one of them daring to make the first move. Their bodies danced in sync with the music, half empty cups of alcohol placed in their shaky hands.

He edged closer to her, finally breaking their distance. Her arm cautiously slid around his neck, her plastic cup falling to the floor. He placed his hands on her hips as they began to move with each other. Smiles formed on their faces as they locked eyes.

Music blared but they didn't care. For a moment, it was as if it was just them in the club. Voices were muffled, faces were blurred. Everyone's except theirs.

For a moment she finally felt happy. She finally felt as if she was somewhat free in the arms of a stranger. A captivating stranger.

But the moment passed as the stranger fell to the floor. The comfort and happiness she once felt instantly vanished. She stared down at the defeated stranger, who looked up pleadingly at her. But she was frozen. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. All she could do was cry. Cry until there were no more tears left.

She ran out of the club, followed closely by her vile boyfriend. He screamed at her but she didn't respond. She stared at him with emotionless, bloodshot eyes. But he didn't care.

He never cared.

And even though she had never said a word to the stranger, she knew that he would have cared for her so much more than her boyfriend ever did.

With just one dance, she was captivated by him.

~~

the word captivated sounds weird now idk why