over

My blood began to boil as I stared at Shawn's calm state. He was acting as if none of this was a big deal, and it was really pushing me over the edge.

"Don't just sit there and stare at me!" I screamed, completely losing my patience with him. "Don't fucking act like you kissing another girl is no big deal!"

"I was drunk, y/n!" Shawn yelled, shooting up from his seat on his bed.

He came closer to me and I stumbled back, desperate to keep a distance between the two of us. His fists were balled at his sides. His face was red and I could tell he was growing increasingly angrier with me.

"Being drunk is no excuse, Shawn." I said, my voice quieter, yet still fuelled with anger. "If you really loved me, you wouldn't even be tempted by her. And you definitely wouldn't have kissed her back."

"Don't pull that shit on me." He said through gritted teeth. "You can't tell me I don't love you. You know damn well I do. My stupid, drunken mind wasn't thinking straight. All I knew was that I regretted it as soon as it happened."

"That still doesn't change the fact you did it!" I screamed.

Tears pricked my eyes and I desperately tried to blink them back. I didn't dare look at Shawn, scared that the mere sight of his face would break me.

Instead, I kept my eyes fixated on the wall behind him.

"You seem perfectly sober now." I mumbled.

"Maybe because you being overly fucking dramatic sobered me up." He said, his tone frustrated.

I laughed in disbelief.

"Overly dramatic?" I said, scoffing.

I turned my gaze back on him. The tears suddenly didn't threaten to form anymore. All I felt was anger.

Shawn's eyes scanned my expression. His face was unreadable and I just found myself growing more frustrated.

Without processing what I was doing, I grabbed my bag and stormed towards the door. I pulled it open and stepped out in the hallway, slamming the door shut behind me.

I heard it open again and I ran down the hallway.

"y/n!" Shawn yelled, his footsteps nearing.

I ignored him. Tears began to stream down my face and I felt myself crash into someone.

Glancing up, I noticed Shawn's best friend, Noah stood there. He stared down at my broken expression.

Not even seconds later, Shawn appeared at my side. His hand found its way on to my arm. I quickly shoved him off, turning to glare at him.

He looked tired. Tears formed in his eyes. His lips were slightly parted.

He looked just as broken as I'm sure I did.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped back from him. I accidentally crashed into Noah again. Why hadn't he left yet?

"Why are you still standing there?" I snapped, turning to face him.

"Practically the whole frat can hear you two." He said, calmly. "I wanted to see if the both of you were okay."

I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Do I look fucking okay to you?" I said, my voice raising once again.

"y/n, calm down." Shawn said.

His voice was soft, just like the look in his eyes. He attempted to touch my arm once again. This would usually comfort me, but not tonight. The last thing I wanted right now was his touch.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Shawn!" I screamed. "We're over!"

My voice echoed throughout the hallway. Shawn stared at me, his eyes widened in shock.

"What?" He choked out.

I stared up at him, my eyes beginning to water once again.

"I said we're over." I whispered, my voice cracking slightly.

I turned to walk away, unable to look at him anymore. Tears streamed down my face as I headed towards the stairs of Shawn's frat house.

"No, y/n!" Shawn called.

I ran down the stairs. His screams became quieter and I finally reached the front door. I slammed it shut behind me and leaned against the wall beside it.

I slid down the wall. My head fell into my hands as I sobbed hysterically.

I think I just made the worst decision of my life, and there's nothing I can do about it.

It's my fault. I was the one who ended it. Ended us.

~~

idk why but i find like sad/scary shit easier to write.