tension

Ben's lips pecked mine before he said goodbye. I entered the restaurant, and took out my phone. I quickly text Isla to let her know I was here. She responded almost instantly, telling me she was in the far corner.

I walked towards the food hall, and immediately spotted Isla with our usual group of friends. I sat in between her and Shawn, everyone greeting me with a simple 'hello'.

I felt a pair of eyes on me, and I glanced over to see Shawn blatantly staring at me. I lightly slapped his arm, and must've snapped him out of his thoughts, as he jumped slightly. A small laugh escaped my lips. Shawn just smirked in response.

We just stared at each other in silence for a moment. Shawn subtly scanned me up and down, but I still noticed. My cheeks flushed and I looked down. I heard Shawn chuckle slightly.

Suddenly, I felt him leaning closer to me. Soon, his lips were right by my ear. I felt myself squirm slightly as goosebumps formed on my skin.

"I bet Ben doesn't have this effect on you." He whispered so that only I could hear.

My breath hitched in my throat. He quickly pulled away from me, a small smirk playing on his lips as he took a bite out of his food.

He was right. Ben didn't have the same effect on me that Shawn did.

You could cut the sexual tension between Shawn and I with a knife. Everyone noticed it. I know they did. Isla even told me I should break up with Ben, so that Shawn and I could stop being so stubborn and finally do something about our undeniable needs for each other.

But I just didn't have the guts to break up with Ben. We'd been together a year now. Throughout that time, so much had happened and I just couldn't break off such a meaningful relationship to go fuck Shawn instead.

I'd just have to accept that Shawn and I will never happen.

But I guess there's nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting.

~~

the last 3 imagines have been ones where y/n and shawn aren't actually together or they're breaking up. ill probably do one where they are in fact together next or whenever.