husband to be 2

Today was the day. The day I had dreaded so much for the past three months. My best friend's wedding.

I took a deep, shaky breath as I patted down my dress. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I thought about everything that had happened with Shawn. What have I done? How could I do this to my best friend? I'm a horrible person.

Warm tears slowly spilled down my cheeks. Soon I was sobbing hysterically. The tears wouldn't stop, no matter how hard I tried.

A quiet knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly wiped away the many tears. Checking my appearance in the mirror, I walked toward the door. I took a deep breath before opening it.

Nothing prepared me for who stood in front of me. It was the one person I really didn't want to confront: Shawn.

He locked eyes with me and I felt my breath become shaky. He clearly noticed my bloodshot eyes as a concerned look flashed across his face. Quickly, I turned my head away from him and motioned for him to come in. He gently shut the door behind him. He took a deep breath before walking over to stand in front of me.

"Shawn, what are you doing here?" I asked, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"I want you." He said.

My eyes widened in shock. No words would come out my mouth. I was frozen to the spot.

"I'll call off the wedding. I will." He said. "I love you. I have since that night we spent together. We can't stay away from each other, no matter how hard we try. I want you. Only you. Just say you love me too and I'll call off the wedding."

My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't believe what he was saying. None of this felt real.

Until he was leaning in, and I was too. As he was about to kiss me, I knew that all of this of this real. Everything he was saying was genuine. He actually does want me.

Before I could stop myself, I was kissing him. The kiss was more passionate than one we'd ever shared before. In that moment, I knew he was right. We can't stay away from each other. No matter how hard we try.

But he can't call off the wedding for me. I could never do that to Faye. She's my best friend. She would never forgive me, and if she did, then she's out of her mind.

I pulled away from Shawn and we stared at each other, breathless. I took a step away from him.

"Shawn, I can't make you call off your wedding. You're marrying my best friend. I could never hurt her like that." I said, my voice cracking at the last sentence.

Shawn just stared at me blankly. Before I could say another word, he was heading for the door. He stopped just as he was about to open it and turned to face me once again.

"If you ever change your mind, I'll be waiting."

~~

u can decide if they end up together or not ;)