someone else

My bedroom door slowly opened, revealing my sister. Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked as if she hadn't slept in a while. She was dressed in her pyjamas, and she clutched her phone in her hands. Her usually perfectly straightened hair was tied up in a messy ponytail.

"Isla?" I asked, as she walked towards my bed. "Is everything okay?"

She took a seat beside on my bed and I stood up from my desk chair to sit beside her. Her eyes were fixated on her phone's black screen.

"I broke up with Shawn." She mumbled.

Her voice was laced with sadness as tears welled in her eyes. My eyes widened at her words. I never thought she'd break up with him. She seemed so in love with him.

"Why?" Is all I managed to say.

We remained in silence for a few moments. Isla took a shaky breath before opening her mouth to speak.

"Because he's in love with someone else." She said, sighing. "He doesn't admit it, but I know he is. They way he looks at her with pure love just says it all. He never looked at me that way. I feel bad for staying with him when he so obviously wants someone else."

A wave of guilt washed over me. She was hopelessly in love with him, but he couldn't reciprocate. I wonder who the girl he's supposedly in love with is?

The feeling of guilt was suddenly replaced with jealousy. I would be lying if I said I didn't want Shawn for myself. I knew he was with my sister, but that didn't stop me from feeling the way I did. I always thought that maybe we would have a chance one day if Isla and Shawn ever broke up. But clearly not, seeing as he's in love with some other girl.

That girl is the luckiest person on earth, whoever she is.

Isla's eyes were still focused on her phone. The screen was no longer black as she had opened it up. She was currently on her recent calls. At the top of the list was Shawn. Her finger hovered over his contact, before her eyes moved to meet mine.

"Don't call him." I said.

She stared at me blankly then averted her eyes back to her phone. Her finger quickly tapped Shawn's contact and raised her phone to her ear.

I snatched the phone out of her hand. She watched me hang up the phone, a weird look on her face.

"You can't do this to yourself." I said. "You can't put yourself through more pain. I know how much you love him, Isla. Please don't do this to yourself."

She continued to stare at me with the same weird look on her face. Suddenly, she shot up from her seat on my bed. She grabbed her phone from my hands just as Shawn's name appeared on her screen. She answered and held the phone to her ear.

"Shawn." She said, bluntly.

I heard his voice from the other end of the line, but couldn't make out what he was saying. Soon, she was reaching her hand out towards me, phone in hand. I gave her a confused look.

"Talk to him." She mouthed.

Reluctantly, I grabbed the phone from her hand. I raised it my ear.

"Shawn, hey." I said.

"y/n?" He questioned.

~~

im gonna do a part two to this