just friends

"It's great to have you back on the show, y/n." The TV show host, John said.

"I love coming on here." I replied, with a genuine smile plastered on my face.

After a few minutes of talking about my upcoming movie, the topic of the interview quickly moved on to my personal life.

Most celebrities don't like to be asked personal questions. I get why. It's their own private lives, why should they have to share every single detail of it with everyone.

However, I don't get bothered. I like my fans knowing what's really going on. I just prefer to be completely real with them.

"There have been rumours going around recently." John began.

"Oh god." I said, covering my face with my hand.

My reaction earned a laugh from both the host and the small studio audience.

"What do you have to say about the rumours of you and Shawn Mendes dating?"

The audience cheered loudly as my cheeks reddened slightly. I could feel everyone's eyes on mine.

You know how I said earlier that I like my fans to know what's going on in my private life? Well that is the case. But I'm just not allowed to let them know this one particular detail.

I still don't understand why. Fans are going to find out eventually. So why not tell them sooner rather than later?

Also, it's my life. I should get to choose whether or not I want to tell my fans that I am in love with Shawn Mendes.

But sadly, that's not the case. It is not my decision. It's my fucking management's. But let's not get into that.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, my cheeks growing redder by the second.

This was the first time I'd been asked about Shawn in an interview face-to-face. So, to say I didn't know how to react was an understatement.

"That look on your face says otherwise." John said.

The whole room seemed to go silent, awaiting my response.

"We're just friends." I said, holding my hands up in defence. "Honestly!"

Bullshit.

John narrowed his eyes at me slightly before slowly nodding his head.

"If you say so." He said.

I nodded my head, with a small, fake smile plastered on my lips.

Keeping this a secret is never going to be easy. Especially when everyone is already on to us.

~~

you say we're just friends.
but friends don't know the way you taste la la la