trusted you

"I don't understand why you're doing this, Shawn." I said, staring him directly in the eyes. "Why can't you just be with me?"

Shawn sighed, whilst running a hand through his hair.

"It's complicated." He mumbled.

I scoffed.

"Sure it is."

Another sigh escaped Shawn's lips. I could tell he was being to get annoyed, but I didn't care. All I wanted was an answer.

Why is he so incapable of ever giving a straight answer?

"How is it complicated?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest.

"There's so much you don't know, and-" He paused for a moment.

"And what?" I pushed.

He remained silent. I could feel my blood begin to boil.

"And what?" I repeated, sternly.

"And I couldn't hurt Amelia like that." He said, quickly.

My eyes widened in shock. I couldn't quite believe what he was saying.

"Amelia? What's she got to do with any of this?" I asked, my voice quieter than before.

"We're - we're dating."

I felt my heart drop. This can't be true. Can it?

"You're dating?"

Shawn just nodded, slowly.

"I'm so-"

"Don't even try to apologise." I said, cutting him off. "You didn't think to tell me this when we were fucking the other night? Or when we kissed all those times? Or when I told you all that shit I'd never told anyone before?"

Shawn remained silent.

"I can't fucking believe you."

"y/n, please, let me-"

"Save it, Shawn." I said. "I don't need to hear your bullshit excuses. God, and to think I trusted you. All this time you were with fucking Amelia. How did I not see this?"

"y/n-"

"Amelia's my best friend, Shawn! It would've been nice to know. Then I wouldn't have kissed you! I wouldn't have got into fucking bed with you! She's going to hate me when she finds out. And it's all your fault. I hope your happy with yourself. You've ruined a fucking friendship."

"I'm sorry."

"Like sorry is going to make up for all this."

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Shawn questioned, raising his voice.

"I want you to leave." I said, calmly.

"y/n, please-"

"Just fucking leave!" I yelled.

Shawn remained frozen in his spot. My fists clenched at my sides and I was becoming more furious by the second.

"I swear to god-"

"Just hear me out."

"No."

"y/n."

"No."

Before he had the chance to protest again, I grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards my front door. With one swift motion, I pulled open the door. I shoved him outside.

"Don't even think about coming back." I warned.

Without letting him respond, I slammed the door shut.

~~

YOU MAY THINK YOU'RE WINNING BUT CHECKMATE