protect you

"Shawn, I don't want to have to keep repeating myself." I groaned, placing my hands over my face.

Shawn leaned against the dining room table, arms folded across his chest. He stared intently at me, his eyes not daring to leave mine.

"But I don't get why you won't let me go with you." He said.

I was sick of having this same argument over and over again. He knew exactly why I wouldn't let him come to Manchester with me. I don't know why he won't just let it go.

"You know exactly why." I said, sternly. "You'll get yourself killed, Shawn. You're not coming with me. I don't want what happened to Louis to happen to you. I don't want to lose you."

Shawn pushed himself off the table and made his way over to me. We were stood inches apart. His hand gently grabbed mine. I glanced down at our hands, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"I'm not like Louis." He said, his voice soft. "I know how to protect myself. You've seen that I can. Louis was inexperienced, he didn't know what to expect so therefore he was unprepared."

My eyes slowly trailed up to meet his. His expression was soft and pleading.

He was right. He does know how to protect himself against them, he showed me that himself. If I let him come with me and told him everything he needed to know, then he would be fine.

He's not like Louis.

I took a deep breath. My eyes scanned every inch of his face as he stared back at me.

"Okay." I mumbled.

His eyes lit up and a small smile creeped on to his face. He quickly pecked me on the lips and engulfed me in a tight hug, causing a quiet giggle to escape my lips.

"But you have to promise me you will listen to everything I say and do everything I tell you to." I ordered. He nodded quickly and squeezed me tighter.

"I promise I'll protect you if worst comes to worst." He whispered in my ear.

I slowly pulled away from his grip and stared up at him.

"It's you who needs protecting, Shawn."

~~

i want a boyfriend :(