not the only one

Shawn's lips brushed against y/n's. As he pulled away, she swore she could smell a hint of woman's perfume lingering on him. It smelt like a perfume which she would never wear.

A small lump formed in y/n's throat. Shawn attached his lips to her neck, seemingly not noticing the hurt expression on her face. His hands wandered across her body, examining every inch of her.

Any other day, she would have melted into his arms from this action. But today, it felt different.

"You're so beautiful." Shawn muttered against her skin.

y/n's breathing remained at a steady pace, along with her heart rate. Warm tears pricked her eyes as her mind wandered.

She thought to how Shawn must be with his other girl. He was probably telling her all the same things he was y/n. She bet he was making her feel loved. Appreciated. Wanted.

Special.

y/n's hands moved to Shawn's chest. Se gently pushed him off her. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he stared at her saddened expression.

"What's-"

"Who is she?" y/n asked, sternly.

A look of fear flashed on Shawn's face. It happened so quickly, however, that y/n was almost sure it didn't happen.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't lie to me, Shawn. I can still smell the trace of her perfume. Who is she?"

A sigh escaped the boy's lips. It was hopeless. He couldn't lie to her anymore. It was about time he was honest.

"Jess." He muttered.

y/n sighed.

She found herself taking a step towards Shawn. Her hand rested on his cheek as she stared up at him.

"Do you love her?" She asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"y/n-"

"Answer my question."

"No."

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"And do you love me?"

Shawn stayed silent. y/n's heart pounded in her chest, and she desperately wanted it to shut up.

With a slight nod of the head, Shawn confirmed it. But y/n's heart rate did not slow down.

"I love you so much." He whispered, the pain in his voice evident. "I hate that I did this to you."

y/n sighed.

She knew she was about to make a terrible mistake. But, somehow, she couldn't seem to stop herself.

Her lips pressed against his tenderly. Her eyes closed after she pulled away and rested her head on his forehead.

"I love you too." She choked out.

There was no knowing whether Shawn would do this again. Or if he was even telling the truth when he said didn't love Jessica. But they both knew there was no denying how hopelessly in love y/n was with him.

She may not be his only, but she didn't care. Just a little bit of his heart was all she wanted.

~~

this is the 100th part to this imagine book. woah.