Flirting with Dangerous Messages

Prompt from amordelfriki: Cas has a secret admirer turned stalker that keeps sending him really personal/dirty messages. Dean is his protector (for some reason) and makes loads of false assumptions about Cas to begin with and Cas doesn’t understand what he’s done wrong. But then eventually in the end Dean saves the day and learns he’s wrong about Cas. :) :) :)

'

“Cas, why are you always fiddling around with that phone?” Dean asked as he took another sip from his beer and kept his eyes warily on his best friend.

Castiel’s eyes never left the light glow from his iphone as he shrugged and thumbed his way through his messages. “I am talking with someone.”

“Who could you possibly be texting? I thought I was your only friend?”

It was true, Dean Winchester was Cas’ only friend. They had met freshman year of high school when Castiel’s family moved him to Lawrence because of prior incidents resulting from bullying. The very day they met Castiel was cornered in the locker room and being harassed by a bunch of asshole guys. Dean stepped in and saved him, at least from that beating. And when Castiel told Dean that it happened all the time, Dean took it upon himself to never let it happen again. And thus, their friendship began. Dean didn’t really make friends either, because of his snarky attitude and dark humor. But Castiel tagged along and seemed to enjoy what Dean threw at him.

“You are. I just… a couple days ago I had this person text me out of the blue. What do you care anyway?” Castiel flicked his eyes up and met Dean’s. “Am I allowed to have other friends?”

Dean scoffed at the thought but simply rolled his eyes and brought his attention up to the bartender who had had her eyes on him the whole night. “I guess you are.”

Castiel sighed and pocketed his phone, leaving his anonymous friend to wait. This was his time out with Dean since both of their jobs left them little room to really hang out. “I am sorry. I just… work has me over extended and sometimes it is nice to have someone say nice things to me. It lifts my day.”

“Do you want me to text you sweet little pick-up lines while you are at work? Want me to serenade you and woo you?” Dean chucked taking another drink.

Castiel grinned playfully and set his elbows on the bar. “I would love to see the day that you go all chick-flick moment on me.”

Dean snorted and shoved Cas lightly on his rib cage. “That would be the day.”

Castiel smiled softly to himself as he took a small sip from his water and made sure to pay attention to how much Dean was drinking. Dean’s days waiting tables usually ended with him plastered and calling Cas up at one in the morning to take him home from whatever sleazy bar he had managed to find that night.

“Who is this guy anyway?” Dean turned himself so he could see Cas full on.

“Honestly, I don’t know. But I think he likes me… I hope it is a he anyway, it would be very awkward if it was a woman.”

“You don’t know? Dude, that is pretty weird.” Dean raised a worried eyebrow at his friend.

Castiel matched the look with a roll of his eyes. “Shut up. I am not the one who bangs random waitresses and never calls them again. At least this person takes an interest in me.”

Dean scowled. “What does he say?”

“Just nice things. He asks me about my day… and he just talks nicely. Calls me handsome-“

“Wait. He calls you handsome but you never met him?” Dean started to feel a little rage build in his lower stomach.

“Maybe we have met. It’s a secret admirer. Maybe it is someone I work with.”