Stars in the sky

"There's only one hammock!" Stiles groaned as he pulled it out
"Liam! I told you to pack all three!" Scott sighed
"I did! Or... at least I thought I did."
I rolled my eyes as I overheard the conversation.
"I'll set up the hammock, just... stop arguing. It's not worth it now." I grabbed the hammock from stiles and walked over to the trees which seemed to be perfect for it.
I tied it up and around the tree and sat in it for good measure. I rested my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes.
"What are you doing?" A deep voice asked.
I opened one eye and saw Derek holding some firewood.
"Testing out the hammock, ya know, like a good builder. You gotta test your contraptions. Honestly, it would be a disservice to not take a nap in this thing right after putting it up."
Derek rolled his eyes and walked the wood over to the pit.

The sun had set and we all gathered around the fire in order to make s'mores and hotdogs. Everyone had eaten at least two hotdogs and we were all ok s'mores now.
Everyone was chatting and I was looking down at my hands.
I looked around and everyone had seemed to find a person to talk to. I got up and walked my way over to the hammock. I got in and looked up at the sky.
"You know you've hogged this hammock all day?" The deep voice prodded again.
"Well I like it."
"You need to learn how to share."
"Do i though?" I asked as I closed my eyes.
"Yes you do because I want a turn."
"Sucks to be you."
"Get out!"
"No! I'm using the hammock!"
"No! Get out! I want to use the hammock!"
"Well I don't care!"
"Just share the damn hammock!" Stiles shouted from the campfire circle
Derek sighed with his arms crossed and then motioned me over
"Scoot over."
I sighed as well and made room for him.
"Now don't touch me. This isn't weird. Just... stay on your side."
"Wasn't planning on it anyway weirdo!"

It was quiet for a while. I was just staring at the sky.
"What are you thinking about?" Derek asked suddenly.
"Just everything."
"Like what?"
"Like... why are we here? On this planet, in this galaxy, in this universe? Or why this dimension? What other kinds of lives am I living in other dimensions?"
"You're asking the real questions huh?"
"Yeah. What do you think the relationships of other dimensions are like? Are they different from these?"
"What do you mean?"
"Like... Scott is my brother, but in another dimension, is he like my cousin, or some random guy at school, or will he always be my brother?"
"I guess that's a good question. I'd assume he'd always be your brother. That's the start of your dimensions."
"I guess. But what about everyone else?"
"I guess it depends on the decisions you make. Some decisions make friends and some avoid people who become your friends. Like Liam, you almost left him in the woods. If you did he wouldn't be your friend."
"I guess, do you think there are people who you're meant to be friends with in every dimension?"
"I think so. Like our mates. Well... werewolf mates. They are connected by something bigger than decisions."
"Makes sense."
I yawned and started to feel my eyes get heavy. I blinked rapidly, trying to keep my eyes open.
"You getting tired?" Derek asked looking at my slumping figure
"What? No." I rejected
"Yeah you are."
"I'm not. Keep asking questions."
"Well... do you believe in soulmates?"
"That's a weird question to ask."
"We've been asking these questions all night. I'm pretty sure this one isn't that unordinary."
"Fine. I'll answer!" I huffed "I guess I do. I think it's improbable that people just don't have a purpose or someone they are meant to be with. You're bound to make someone happy."
"Do you know who that is?" He asked looking at me
"No... I don't think so." I looked at him "what about you?"
"I'd like to think I do."
"Yeah? Who?"
He looked at me for a second and didn't say or move. He shook his head after "I can't say. I don't want to jinx it."
"You can't jinx love. It happens or it doesn't!" I laughed
"Oh so you're an expert now?"
"I in fact am! An expert in love!"
Derek chuckled and shook his head. He looked away from me at the campfire.
"So what's your perfect dimension?" I asked
"Well I think this ones not very great. For one my entire family is dead, I don't have a best friend and my love life is pretty terrible."
"So what would be your perfect one?"
"My family would be alive but they'd live far away from me. Not too far from them to where I can see them when I want but not so close that I'm suffocated. I'd want a best friend. Something like Scott and stiles have" I looked over at the pair who were wrestling each other and laughing "and I'd find someone who loves me. Someone who I want to be with. Someone who I know is right for me."
"Who's that?"
He looked at me.
"If I tell you will you laugh?"
"No. I won't." He raised an eyebrow. "I won't! I promise! We are already in too deep that we will never talk about this again, so why not share everything."
He stopped and looked at me. His eyes bounced from all my features.
"You."
"What?"
"I would choose you to be with."
"Why me?" I was astounded.
"Because I like you."
"Well every conversation we've had makes it seem like you hate my guts."
"I don't hate your guts." He whispered
"And I don't hate yours."
"I wonder... what dimension we are in where we kiss in this moment." He looked into my eyes and waited for me to respond.
I leaned up and softly pressed my lips to his. Derek leaned to press harder.
"This one." I responded after I separated from him.
"I like this dimension."
My eyes grew heavy again as I yawned into my hand.
"Go to sleep now."
I rested my head on his chest and he pulled me close to him.
He rubbed my arm and kissed my forehead as I drifted off.