Caravan karaoke

I would be lying if I said I wasn't so ready to leave the house. Two months ago in the spring, my best friends and I all decided to take a trip across country for senior year. I thought this was a great idea since I had just turned 18. Scott was in charge of renting the caravan, stiles was in charge of finding the route to go through, Lydia was in charge of snacks and drinks, Liam was in charge of the music, and I was in charge of keeping people in charge. The best role if I do say so myself.

The day came up on me fast and I had to finish packing quickly before I got honked at from Scott outside who took the first driving shift.
"I'm coming I'm coming!" I shouted, knowing he wouldn't hear me but I gave my best effort anyway.
I rolled my bag down the stairs and my mom helped carry it out to the car for me.
I got into the back and said hi to everyone.
"We ready to go?" I asked excitedly.
"Wait wait wait!" My mon said. I groaned knowing she'd want a kiss and a picture before I left.
"What is it mom?"
"You are still missing one person!" She cheered.
"What?"
A black smooth car pulled into the driveway and Derek stepped out.
"What the hell is he doing here?"
"How rude to speak to your chaperone!" He sassed with no emotion.
"No, mom you didn't." I groaned.
"I just want you guys to be safe! I know you needed someone who knows adult life a little bit better! Abs you guys know Derek! So I asked him to come along and just be there in case you need him."
"We don't need him mom we are fine!"
"I already paid him so he's going."
I groaned and turned away from her not even wanting to say goodbye.
Derek hopped into the seat next to me and Scott drove off.
I had my arms crossed around my chest the entire first shift.
"Oh come on. Don't be such a pessimist." Derek spoke as he saw my very angry figure slumped over.
"I don't want to talk to you at all." I mumbled, a hiss coming out as I spoke.
"Wow... touchy touchy." Derek half smirked.
"I said I don't want to talk to you." I said a little bit louder.
"Well by saying you don't want to talk to me, is you talking to me."
I growled and slapped my headphones on and shuffled my rock playlist.

After an hour of being left alone I felt dereks body move closer to me.
"What the hell are you doing?" I ask as I take one headphone out.
"I'm just trying to get comfortable."
"By making me uncomfortable?" I ask.
"That's for you to decide."
I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him
"You know... you are just absolutely perfect aren't you? You just have to be correct all the time, never doing anything wrong. It's always 'it's up to you' or 'that seems like a you problem'."
"Kids stop fighting back there!" Stiles jokingly called.
"I will separate your head from your shoulders." I hissed at stiles.
"See I really don't understand why you guys don't like each other. I mean really, you guys are exactly the same."
"No we are not, and don't ever insult me like that again."
"And we don't hate each other-"
"No I definitely hate him." Derek gave me a glare of 'you didn't let me finish'.
"I actually enjoy her company. She's the one who hates me."
"Glad we are on the same page." I huffed and slapped his shoulder.
He grunted at the force and sighed.
"One day you will enjoy my company, little wolf."
"Shut up, asshole."
"Ohhh bringing out the big girl words. Very mature of you." He sarcastically spoke.
I flipped him off and put my headphones back on.

We had stopped on a beautiful mountain for the night. It was in a park where we could camp and do what we wanted. We pulled out the cooler, lit a fire in the fire pit, and just had a relaxing night. I grabbed lydias hand and pulled her closer to the speakers so we could dance together.
"You finally having fun?" She laughed. I rolled my eyes as I continued to dance
"I've been having fun, just not with Derek."
"What do you have against him anyway?"
I shook my head and didn't say anything for a while.
"I don't know. I just... never really liked him. He's always caught me off guard or been too close to me."
"Is it because of the situation with your ex?"
"I don't know. Probably. I mean... I know Derek would never hurt me. In fact he'd probably the the first one to protect me if I needed it. But something just keeps telling me to stay away."
Lydia didn't say anything but gave me a sympathetic nod. The song stopped a short while after that and Lydia had walked away to get a drink.
"Guys we should do karaoke!" Liam suggested as he pulled out a microphone.
"Yeah!" Everyone agreed... everyone except me.
"And I think... y/n... should do the first song." Liam handed me the mic.
"What? No! No way! You know I don't sing in front of people."
"But you're good! Better than any of us. So come on. Sing something!"
"No way Liam! Absolutely not!"
"Sing, sing, sing!" Everyone cheered and Liam pushed me toward the center of the crowd.
"Uh." I stared at the mic then at everyone else.
"W-what do I sing?"
"Anything! Pick a comfort song!" Lydia encouraged.
"O-okay."
I picked the song I was most comfortable singing and started to sing. I was nervous the whole time but towards the end I was a little bit more comfortable.
"There you go that's it! That's all you guys get."
They all cheered and told me I was great.
"No I really wasn't." I humbled myself.

We decided after that to head to bed and sleep for the night. We knew that the next morning would have a lot in store for us.