Neigborly love

Derek's pov
I was outside moving the table and chairs back into their rightful spot after this harsh winter.
I peered over the chained fence to see a girl sitting on her porch with her legs dangling over the edge. She seemed new... or maybe I'm just completely oblivious. She clapped and laughed at something so I looked in that direction and saw a black long furred dog. She whistled which called the dog over. My muscles twinged at the call. She was controlling him. Frequencies she used made her dog bend. I growled to myself at the distaste of what she was doing.
I shook my head and huffed as I walked to the fence.
"Your dog is so good at listening." I said with half sarcasm.
"Yeah. Well he's a show dog so he's gotta be under good control." He heartbeat skipped and I knew she was lying.
"Oh cool. How long did it take you to train him?" I asked
"Not very long." She smirked. At that I knew she was like me.
A werewolf. And maybe even an alpha at that, even though she wasn't even close to looking the part. She sat in her spotted pajama pants and a black T-shirt. Her feet were bare and her toenail polish was half chipped off and she hadn't shaved in a while. I scoffed mentally at the state of her and spoke again.
"Can I come over?"
"What? I barely even know you! Why would I let you in my house?"
"Who ever said id be in your house? How about just here in the backyard."
"Sure but how are you gonna get through without going through my house?" She scoffed.
I hopped the fence and looked at her.
She put her hands on her hips and smirked as she shook her head.
Her dog came bounding over to me and barked.
"Hey little dude."
"His names Roscoe." She pointed out.
"Hi Roscoe. You seem spry." I said as he bounced all over.
"Yeah, that's an understatement." She laughed. She coughed and sniffled.
"You okay?" I asked her.
"Yeah I'm fine. Just congested. Happens all the time." She shrugged. Her blue eyes had a haze to show that she was most definitely under the weather.
"Well what are you doing out in the cold spring for if you're sick?"
"Well someone's gotta take care of Roscoe and he needs a lot of exercise." She sniffled again.
She continued to sit on the porch and wipe her nose. She threw her dog a couple more balls and he ran to get them.
He was super well trained even if it wasn't the best way she did it.
"Roscoe. Up." She whistled and he jumped onto the porch.
"It's crazy how well he listens. Are you sure he's just that good at listening?" I prodded.
Her heartbeat jumped and she laughed.
"Of course! Why wouldn't he be?"
"Ya know. Dogs listen to their owners because they see them as the alpha. Don't you think that's funny how dogs can see humans as alphas even though they are completely different species?"
She laughed nervously and sighed. I could tell she knew I was a werewolf too.
"Fine. Yes, I'm a werewolf." She admitted,
"Alpha?" I asked.
"To Roscoe yes." She laughed as she rubbed his ear "to everyone else... not even close."
My eyes widened.
"Are you an omega?" I asked.
"No. I'm a beta, but not a very good one. I don't even know why I'm still considered a beta." She shrugged.
"Who's your pack?" I wanted to know more.
"They are a group of alphas. They left me a long time ago. Haven't seen them since."
My heart sunk.
"Did you have a man named Deucalion in your pack?"
I could see the color rush out of her body as I spoke his name.
"He's the one who threw me out." She squeaked.
Something in me tinged for her sadness to be over.
"Don't worry. They are gone now. Their pack tried to fight mine and we stopped them. She looked at me with a hopeful smile and the wolf inside me wanted her. I restrained though and kept my cool.
Roscoe had walked inside through the doggy door and made himself comfortable.
"Thank you." The girl said.
"You're welcome.... Umm..." I said not knowing her name.
"Y/n." She replied.
"You're welcome y/n." She lightly blushed and she stood up. We walked over to the fence.
"Well it was nice meeting you Derek."
"How'd you-" I asked as I made it to the other side.
"You're pretty popular around here. Your name is no surprise. Especially since you're wanted for murder." She giggled.
"I promise I haven't murdered anyone."
"I know derek. I know." She looked at me and I looked at her. Everything had slowed down as I looked into her gleaming eyes.
"Well. Take care derek." She waved as she walked away from the border holding us apart and she walked inside until I couldn't see her person anymore. I sighed and the wolf in me whimpered.
"One day buddy. One day."