I miss mom

Jac pronounced like Jack
Jac short for Jacob
~~~~~
"You think this is cool but this comes with a price." I tell my son as he found out his development of claws and fangs.
"This is awesome!"
"You have to learn that this is a dangerous gift. It's not to be taken lightly and if you abuse it you will be taken time off of it."
"You can't do that to me!"
"But I can mister because I know a hell of a lot more then you. So I can and I will if I feel it needs to be that way. Do I make myself clear?" I scolded him. I was trying to protect him. I didn't want him to have to go through the pain Derek and I did.
"Yes. I do."
"Good. Now you will realize one day that this isn't all fun and games. This is a serious thing,  Jac." I warned.
"Yes mother. I get it. Now can I just go to the party now." He asked.
I pulled him into me to hug my son tight. I always was scared for this day ever since he was born. There was never a stronger love in my heart after he was born.
He walked out and I sighed. Derek wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.
"He's gonna be fine sweetheart."
"I'm not worried." I lied.
"I may be an old wolf but it doesn't take much to know that that's the biggest lie ever." He laughed into my hair.
I sighed and turned to him. I rested the side of my head into his chest and closed my eyes.
"I just want him to be safe. I don't want him to have to go through what we did. That would break me if I didn't stop it."
"Well honey we can't promise anything for his future. All we can is that we will be there to try." He reasoned
"I know." I rubbed his still toned back.
"Can't believe he's gonna be 14 soon." I laughed.
"I can't believe I'm gonna be 38 soon." Derek replied.
I laughed at his comment and pulled away.
"You may be 37 but you don't look a day over 28." I complimented.
"And you don't look a day over 20." He complimented back as he kissed me tenderly.

But the sea of calm waves had not lasted forever. Soon dereks wife had passed away and Jac never fully knew the truth on why. Until one day, it had just slipped.

*+^*+^*+^*+
"Why can't I go? Scott is letting his daughter go! And Lydia and stiles are letting their kids go!" Jack argued
"I told you no and you don't need a reason. Now you will go upstairs and into your room and you will stay home and study without question!" Derek commanded
"Oh my god! Why can't you just tell me why I can't go?"
"Because you're young and you don't know anything about your abilities! One day you will and then you can go prancing around in the woods at night. But for right now you will keep that ass of yours in your room where it is safe."
"YOU SOUND JUST LIKE MOM AND ITS STUPID!" Jac  shouted.
"I swore to your mother that I'd keep you safe and this is what she would have wanted!"
"Well mom was a coward okay??! She was stupid! She was scared!" Jac spat
"YOURE MOTHER WAS THE GREATEST WOMAN IVE EVER MET! She took her life to save your ass. So don't you EVER try to insult your mother like that in the presence of me! Do you understand?!" Derek raises his voice in a hostile way which shut Jack up.
"What do you mean she took her life for me?" Jac asked after a long silence.
Derek sighed and sat Jac and himself on the couch.
"Your mother was one of the bravest women I had ever seen in my entire life. She would risk her life in a heartbeat for anyone she loved. And that's what she did for you. She faced the worlds toughest alpha to save you. They wanted you. Because you're special. You're like your mother."
"What do you mean?" Jac asked even more confused.
"You and your mother have a werewolf trait that is very uncommon. You both can affect people's decisions and emotions. You guys are also extra sensitive. Not only to our senses but to everything else. Emotions, vibrations, and supernatural stuff like... like our entire lives." Derek chuckled. He continued on by saying "your mother knew that he wanted you. You were young and naive so he knew he'd be able to manipulate you. But your mother wouldn't have it. She went to him and she tried hard. She killed him, but in the end, she ended up killing herself. She worked too hard and she ended up dying the next morning."
Tears formed in Dereks eyes as he talked to his son about how great she was.
"I remember looking at her as she started to die and she made me promise to keep you safe. She made me promise to make decisions based on what she would do. And some times, Jac, that's all I have." Tears streamed down Jacks face as he listened to his dad "sometimes it's just so hard without her. I don't know what to do sometimes because she'd always know what to do and id depend on her. I'd ask her for help when it came to talking to you. She was everything to this family. You meant everything to her and you mean everything to me, Jacob." Jac and Derek cried as they held each other.
They sat there just hugging each other and soon Jac's sobs turned to sniffles and he said "I miss mom so much."
"Me too, buddy. Me too."
"I may not have seemed to like her at times but I always loved her. And now that i know that she was an actual badass, it makes me angry at myself for being such a dick to her all the time."
"Language Jacob." Derek warned.
"Sorry dad. But it's true. That's how I feel."
"I know bud. I know." He hugged his son again, cradling his head in his arms.
In some ways to Derek, Jacob was all he had left of his wife.
But he knew that even if Jacob wasn't a part of Y/n. He knew that for the sake of his wife's legacy and pride. He'd protect his child. And maybe mostly, it was for Derek's own heart, that he kept his child alive, no matter the cost.