Without a shirt

Middle of summer, late July, and it's hotter than satans asshole. Luckily Liam put his pool up for grabs for the pack. His parents were incredibly excited when Liam suggested having some friends over. With his past, it has made it hard for Liam to have friends, so when he suggested having some people over, his parents were overjoyed. They had bought food and drinks and surrounded the patio with everything the gang could need.

Y/n was one of the first to show up. Liams parents greeted her with a smile and a quick hug. Liam eventually pried her from his mom's arms and showed her where everything was. Y/n set down her stuff on a chair and took off her clothes to reveal her brand new swimsuit. Not long after she had flung off her flip flops, Lydia and stiles walked out to the patio.
"Hey guys!" Y/n greeted as they joined her.
"Hey! This pool looks so nice!" Lydia sighed
"I know. I'm sweating." Y/n groaned
"I'm sure the werewolves are feeling it so much worse." A voice piped up. The small group turned to match the voice to Mason.
"Oh I'm sure." Y/n nodded "Scott seemed pissed when I called him earlier."
"He has been snippy lately." Stiles agreed
"I get it though." Y/n sighed and tied her hair up as best as she could
The patio door rattled open and Scott, Kira and Derek walked through. Liam followed them and closed the door behind them.
"That's everyone." Liam hummed "thanks everyone for coming. There's ice cream in the freezer, a ton of drinks in the cooler and snacks in the cabana. Just make sure to zip up the door when you're done in there to keep the bugs out."
We all nodded and cheered and got ready to start playing. Lydia lathered in sunscreen and Scott pulled off his shirt.
Stiles took the empty pool as an invitation to canon ball. We all laughed as he splashed us.
"I'm getting in!" Scott shouted as he took a running start and also canon balled in.
Lydia took a walk close to the pool and sat down on the edge. She dipped her legs in and stiles swam closer to her. They latched onto each other and had a quiet conversation.
"You gonna get in y/n?" Liam asked.
"I will in a second. I'm gonna grab a drink first."
She grabbed a drink from the cooler and sat down in a lounge chair by the pool. She watched as they all played in the pool. Derek stood watching for a moment. He also had a small drink in his hand. He placed the drink down on the glass table and removed his shoes. He placed them under a chair and then pulled off his joggers. He had on a long pair of swim trunks and reached for his tank top next.

First pov
It was for sure hot out. I was sweating profusely and felt my swimsuit start to stick to my chest. I felt a lump get caught in my throat as I watched Derek pull off his shirt and I started sweating more. Did it get hotter out here all of a sudden? I was fighting myself to rip my eyes away from him. I knew that if he caught me staring it would be weird. I had just finished my drink but I was definitely still thirsty...
I had made it a motion to stand up and get into the pool. I laid out my towel before getting in and slowly sank into the pool. The water gripped my torso and made me suck in through my teeth.
"Cold. Cold. Cold cold." I shivered. Derek followed behind me and just let out a quiet sigh of relief
I swam to grab a floaty and hopped in. Derek walked to the corner of the pool and dipped himself up to his shoulders. I could see the relief on his face as his body cooled down. I watched him as he surveyed the group playing around in the pool.
"Scott. I bet you I can hold a handstand longer than you." Liam sassed as he wiped water from his eyes after just resurfacing
"You're on. Lydia you're the judge." Both boys flipped over and kicked their feet in the air. They were under for a while before scott came up for air first. Liam followed a few seconds after. When the water cleared from his face Liam cheered that he had won. I just smiled and shook my head.
"Y/n!" Liam looked around and tried to find me. When he did he smiled "handstand competition?"
"No thanks. I don't want to get my hair wet." I pointed to my rats nest and shook my head
He just groaned and turned to Mason to fight.
I turned to look at Derek who had his eyes closed and his head against the pool wall.
"Enjoying yourself over there?" I smirked with my head resting on my arms on the float
"I am actually. Very peaceful." I meekly paddled to him and hopped off the floaty.
I hovered next to him and mimicked his stance.
"Oooh." I hummed.
"Nice huh?"
"Yeah. You have the right idea." I chuckled
My eyes drooped closed and I sighed feeling the water ripple against my skin
With my eyes closed I could feel the water warming where Derek was.
"You are so hot that you're heating the pool." I giggled and opened my eyes to look at him
"I've literally never felt closer to dying of heat." He mumbled.
"You should just go completely under."
"No im good..." he started and turned to face me "I don't want to get my hair wet."
His face was stone cold but his tone tipped me that he was mocking me.
"You know what, Hale?" I playfully spat
"What?" He asked clenching his jaw.
I jumped, putting my hands on his shoulders and pushing down. His head dipped under the water and when he came back up he glared at me playfully.
"Oh you've just dug your own grave." He muttered and slowly inched forward.
"No no! Derek! My hair! Don't ruin the hair!" I broke for the stairs to get out of the pool and he swam after me. Having nothing to lose he was catching up but I deterred him with my abandoned floaty.
I got out quickly and ran behind the cabana.
"You're getting dunked." He shouted following me
"No! Please! Spare me! I'm just a poor girl!" I begged. I decided to break for the house but I shouldn't have. Derek was much faster than me on foot with his werewolf abilities so he caught me in no time.
"Back to the pool!" He ushered me to the pool, dragging me by my wrists.
"No! No pool! Bad pool!" I pleaded for him to release me.
We got to the edge of the pool and Derek let me go.
"Fine. I won't dunk you in."
"Really?" I asked with hope still in my soul
"Yeah. I won't dunk you." And before I could think about what was happening. Derek had pushed my shoulders. I reached to grab onto him but i was falling too quickly. I lost balance on the edge and slipped into the pool. I was completely submerged, my knee had hit the bottom of the pool with some force. When I came back up I gasped for air.
"That was rude." I complained. Derek smirked slightly and got back in the pool.
He swam to me and gave me a mocking pout.
"You look like a drowning cat." He pushed a lock of wet hair away from sticking on my forehead
"I didn't appreciate that." I sassed and also wiped hair out of my face
"I'm sorry." He scoffed
"No you're not. You're having fun messing with me." I laughed "and I like that. It's nice to see you enjoy life once in a while."
He blinked rapidly not anticipating my compliment
"Sorry that was weird, wasn't it?" I backtracked
"No. It was really nice. I don't think anyone has ever said that to me."
"Well that's gotta change. Everyone needs a compliment now and again."
"Do you get compliments often?"
"Of course. Cause I'm beautiful and smart and funny. Everyone always tells me." I half joked.
"And you're humble too." He added
"Very humble."
"I'm glad you don't let those comments get to your head." He sassed
"I know. I could really turn into a narcissist if I let everyone's comments in." I laughed and looked into his eyes
There was a bit of joy in his eyes which was new. I had known him for a while but I had never seen him enjoy himself so much.
"Guys! Anyone want a sandwich? My mom is ordering!" Liam shouted from the back door.
Everyone started to get out of the pool but I had no intention of getting out.
"Want anything?" Derek asked as he swam to the stairs
"Just get me whatever you think I'd like. I don't even know if I'm hungry. I'll probably just have a snack." I shrugged. He just nodded and then I swam to relax.
The pool was empty so I took up the space I wanted. I closed my eyes and floated along the pool edge. Behind my eyes I could still see Derek's smirk. It was a hot day for sure.