Barista Brew

"Hi. What can I get you?"
"Just a black coffee thanks."
"Alright. 3.06 is gonna be your total."
Derek handed the barista the cash with ease but the change slipped his hand causing their fingers to touch.
Now on any normal day this would be fine and no cause for concern but Derek has been crushing over this certain barista for months. He comes in for the same thing almost every morning despite not really enjoying coffee. He would just watch shamefully while she swept behind the counter or wiped off a table with a wet rag. He hated that he was one of those guys but he couldn't help it.
His system glitched as his finger touched the palm of her hand.
"There's your change!" She smiled.
"Thank you."
"Your coffee will be out in a minute."
He nodded and walked away quickly, hoping she wouldn't catch his awkward stature.
"Black coffee for Derek." A different voice shouted. He looked up from his phone and took the small cup delicately.
"Thanks." He whispered. He walked out of the coffee shop without what he really intended to come in for. A phone number.

He trudged into his apartment. Everyone in the pack looked at him for any sign of hope. He just shook his head and set his coffee down.
"Come on Derek. You need to man up." Stiles sassed
"I'm hopeless."
"You're a werewolf Derek! You've fought an entire pack yourself. You've kept a group of teenagers alive and you've saved many other people multiple times. You've fought nogitsunes, demons, and kanimas. You can ask out this girl." Scott encouraged Derek more than anyone.
"Come on, we are gonna go back to this coffee shop as a group, you're getting that girls number." Lydia stood up and grabbed her coat

They all arrived at the coffee shop and piled in.
"Hey. You're back." Y/n smirked.
"Yeah my group wanted coffee so we all opted for here."
"Well we do sell the best coffee around."
"That is true." He agreed with a laugh
"Are you ordering for your group?"
"Yeah. I'll do two black coffees, One macchiato, one latte, one cold brew and a water."
"Okay. I'll have it out in a little bit." Derek was about to walk away when he stopped.
"Hey." He started. She turned her attention to him "Are you single by any chance."
"I am, why?"
"Do you wanna grab coffee? Sometime this week?"
"Coffee?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Right you're probably sick of coffee. How about we go out for lunch or something?"
"Sure. Sounds really nice. I'll have those drinks out for you."
She walked away without giving him her number. Derek was confused but astonished. She said yes. He walked over to the table where everyone was and sat down.
"Well?" Lydia started
"I didn't get her number." He shook his head
"Come on derek!"
A few people groaned
"But she said yes to a date."
Stiles stood abruptly.
"YES!" He cheered.
"Shut up stiles!" Everyone scolded. He sat down and Scott patted derek on the back.
"That's amazing! When?"
"This weekend. We are getting lunch."
"Nice derek! That sounds awesome!" Masons face was glowing.
"Here's all your guys' coffees and the water." The girl walked out with one hand under a tray and the other in her pocket.
She set down the tray and let everyone grab their drinks.
"And this one is for you." She handed derek directly a cup.
"A black coffee with a caramel swirl."
"Caramel swirl?"
"You came in last week and when it was offered to you as an option you said you'd try it later. I think now is a great time."
He took the coffee and looked at the sleeve on it. I'm black marker was a ten digit number.
"Text me sometime. I'd like to hear more about our date." She winked and then walked away with the tray. Everyone looked at derek.
"I totally understand why you are in love with her. I am." Stiles joked.
"I'm not in love with her! I just think she's really cool, and pretty... and her smile is nice."
Everyone collectively awed
"Dereks a softy."