Arriving & Tour

We had arrived at firehouse 20, without some of our travel party.

We saw there was someone waiting for us who we had met at firehouse 51. Firehouse 51 was currently at Firehouse 20 due to a bug infestation they had had at theres.

We met the station officer captain who's name was Greg Delaney also known as Station officer captain Delaney or just Delaney.

He was in charge of the firehouse and was happy to see me and the rest of the travel party as we had to leave some behind due to what had happened on the flight.

Sam and the other adults remaining met him as well before he gave us a tour of the station. We were shown the trucks that the station had at the station. They were nearly the same as the trucks at Firehouse 51.

They were labelled Engine 20, ambulance 99 and truck 68. I smiled in awe as he told us facts about the station in general and the vechile's and facts about the staff. My cadet journey was told to Delaney.

As we toured the station we were taken to the lounge before being shown the rooms the travel party would sleep in for the time they stayed at the station. It was between the lounge and the garage. And each room had a toilet nearby or in it.

My parents took the en-suite cause of me, they didn't want me wobbling in the night which was understandable.

While he left us to unpack or get settled into the room we would be staying in for the time being, Mum got a message of Rose.

It read

Rose: I did in fact have a broken nose and have to be at Chicago med for a while so that means while your at firehouse 20

Penny: that's alright Rose, take as long as you need, Recover slowly

Rose: I have Lucy with me and we'll meet you at Firehouse 51

Penny: okay Rose, we're putting Jones to bed so I'll text you later

Rose: now? What about dinner?

Penny: think she's shattered to be honest so we will wake her up later and see if she's hungry, if not we won't force her to eat

Rose: she does hide pain though

Penny: tell me about it, it's a coping mechanism she learnt while with J. J wasn't gonna take her hospital or see Helen or anything like that so during her lifetime she's learnt it pretty well