After dinner

We were enjoying our dinner and we were all very impressed with the trip and tour of the fire stations around America. My parents were impressed i enjoyed it throughout to.

My parents had planned for Elvis and Arnold to meet us all in London with police for a VIP escort back to Pontypandy in a few days time.

After dinner was finished I went up to Casey as I felt left out and asked him about truck 81, he told us that the truck itself was okay and then asked if Kidd would like to tell them all a story.

We soon then heard when Kidd made a big save to save her from being crashing into a street corner, this was due to some kids wanted to take selfies as well as some kids taking selfies.

My parents met with my auntie Ellie and my grandad Steele and then the whole of firehouse 51 soon knew about the save Kidd did.

Before they did that though however Kidd then told us three about Truck 81 and firehouse 51's first meeting with Deputy commissioner Hill. And how the first meeting was about the incident.

I looked at Casey still feeling left out. Casey knew the ladder had some trouble with the ladder so asked me if I wanted to go help fix it. I smiled and said yes please. My parents elsewhere soon heard I agreed to help Casey fix the ladder and they were proud of me.

After dinner was finished by everyone Truck 81 was driven outside the firehouse right next to Engine 51. I climbed up to where the ladder was and I started to fix the ladder.

As I did that though I saw a memorial for a firefighter who worked on Truck 81. So once my work was done and I had fixed the ladder I asked Casey about it as it piped my interest.

Casey sat me down on the floor next to him and he told me about a firefighter called Brian Zvnecek. He told me how he unfortunately lost his life during the line of duty while at a factory fire after an explosion rocketed the building.

Casey then told me how the whole of the firehouse 51 wanted him remember.

"Would dad get kinda the same thing if he was to?" I ask quietly

Casey sees my tears and hugs me and says "Of course he would but your dad loves the like of duty and somehow even if not in the line finds himself in danger"

I let out a smile and Casey stayed hugging me to my parents came to relive him.